Levity Abounds

  • Dr Fu Manchu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2003
      I thought Eddings had some very good humor, but if you really want a
      good time try Peter David's, Sir Apropos of Nothing series.

      The first is, of course, is 'Sir Apropos of Nothing'. It's pretty
      funny. Not your normal hero. You could go as far as to say that he
      isn't very heroic at all. In fact, he goes to great lengths to avoid
      it. Sir Apropos is ultimately a likeable character, but be prepared
      to think he's a big morally reprehensible jerk at least a couple
      times
      throughout.

      Oh yeah, the second, there are only two so far, is 'Tong Lashings:
      The continuing adventures of Sir Apropos of Nothing'.
    • karl barnes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2003
        Dr Fu Manchu <xenopolis@...> wrote:

        The first is, of course, is 'Sir Apropos of Nothing'. It's pretty
        funny. Not your normal hero. You could go as far as to say
        Oh yeah, the second, there are only two so far, is 'Tong Lashings:
        The continuing adventures of Sir Apropos of Nothing'.

        I thought that "Tong Lashings" was the third novel?

      • Dr Fu Manchu
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2003

          > I thought that "Tong Lashings" was the third novel?

          You're right, I forgot 'The Woad to Wuin'