Newbie here

  • karl barnes
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2003
      I was searching on Yahoo groups looking for a fantasy forum and saw
      this site. I'm fairly big fantasy reader of the likes of Cherryh,
      Bishop, Kerr, Lackey,Martin and so on. It seems that alot of groups
      on Yahoo are dying out ie little to no posting and it looks like
      this site is at least active.

      What is the consesus favorite author, series here? Any favorites or
      like them all? I ,also, enjoy the Redwall series and the Abhorsen
      series by Garth Nix.
    • Lightning
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2003
        I enjoy reading Jacques, Lackey, Tolkien, Rowling, Jordan, Turner, Greeno, Niven, Asimov, Brooks, Eddings, Asprin, Card, Adams, Zelazny, and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. I love to read, and one can see me walking through the hallways at school with my nose in a book.

        "Sometimes the mule is smarter." ~Egwene
        I was searching on Yahoo groups looking for a fantasy forum and saw
        this site. I'm fairly big fantasy reader of the likes of Cherryh,
        Bishop, Kerr, Lackey,Martin and so on. It seems that alot of groups
        on Yahoo are dying out ie little to no posting and it looks like
        this site is at least active.

        What is the consesus favorite author, series here? Any favorites or
        like them all? I ,also, enjoy the Redwall series and the Abhorsen
        series by Garth Nix.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Lynne M Ramsdell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2003
          Some of my favs are McCaffrey , McKinley, De Lint, Guy Gavriel Kay,
          LeGuin. That's all I can think of at the moment.
          Thialynne

          --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "karl barnes"
          <priestvyrce@y...> wrote:
          > I was searching on Yahoo groups looking for a fantasy forum and
          saw
          > this site. I'm fairly big fantasy reader of the likes of Cherryh,
          > Bishop, Kerr, Lackey,Martin and so on. It seems that alot of groups
          > on Yahoo are dying out ie little to no posting and it looks like
          > this site is at least active.
          >
          > What is the consesus favorite author, series here? Any favorites
          or
          > like them all? I ,also, enjoy the Redwall series and the Abhorsen
          > series by Garth Nix.
        • Starrider
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 25, 2003
            I don't know witch writers, the others prefer.
            But my faviurite writers are:
            J.R.R.T. J.K.R. Kennet Bøgh Andersen. Phillip Pullman. Judith Christine Mills. Daniel Defoe. And many others...

            Starrider

            karl barnes <priestvyrce@...> wrote:
            I was searching on Yahoo groups looking for a fantasy forum and saw
            this site. I'm fairly big fantasy reader of the likes of Cherryh,
            Bishop, Kerr, Lackey,Martin and so on. It seems that alot of groups
            on Yahoo are dying out ie little to no posting and it looks like
            this site is at least active.

            What is the consesus favorite author, series here? Any favorites or
            like them all? I ,also, enjoy the Redwall series and the Abhorsen
            series by Garth Nix.

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Live life fully... You only have one...

            ()"" ' ) ( ' ""()
            ( 'o', )") ("( 'o', )
            (,,)(")(") (")(")(,,)
          • Starrider
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 25, 2003
              I gave up reading and walking at the same time. I fall so far into the book, that I forgets were I am.
              I bumbed into tausinds of persons... And dropped my book, so I had to find the page again!
              Sometimes I read on my way too school. I walked into the classroom, and didn't notice when the class began!...

              Starrider

              Lightning <krainwater@...> wrote:
[...]

            • no_place_like_home1
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 25, 2003
                hi all. im a newbie here too. i enjoy a lot of the authors you
                listed, the others i just dont know, yet :). i just finished reading
                2 books by joanne bertin who i just recently found. "the last
                dragonlord" and "dragon and pheonix"... i found them to be very
                enjoyable. if you havent read margaret weiss and tracy hickman you
                might find their writing enjoyable too. i highly recommend "the
                death gate cycle" its a series of seven or eight books. well thats
                all for now . happy reading :)
              • Lightning
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 26, 2003
                  I recommend Dragonlance, Weis&Hickman have written some of those.