Re: [Fantasy_Books] Ebook Reading Devices (Somewhat OT)

  • JennaKay Francis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
      Well if you can find a Franklin Ebookman on Ebay or at one of your local computer stores, you might want to try that. They are cheap now because they have been discontinued. I have two. I love em! I took everything else off and just put ebooks on it. Have about 8 on one EBM now. The other EBM is a backup. I have heard you can get them for around $30US! That's a steal. I have had no problems with mine. But that would be the cheapest. I don't know of anything else under $100. Does anyone else?

      Jenna

      Inside a Snail's Shell - 2003 EPPIE Finalist Writers Exchange Ebooks
      Children's Picture Books - Writers Exchange Ebooks - http://www.writers-exchange.com
      Fantasy Romance - Dark Fantasy - Amber Quill Press http://amberquill.com
      Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/jennakayfrancis

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2003
        >From: Aram Drevekenin <hurak@...>
        >To: Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Fantasy_Books] Ebook Reading Devices (Somewhat OT)
        >Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:07:51 -0500
        >
        >Heya,
        >
        >Haven't written here in a while. How's everyone doing?
        >But to my question: I'm looking for a cheap Ebook reading device. I'm not
        >looking for one with a built in modem, a colour screen or a built in
        >organiser and calendar. I'm simply looking for a device that can interface
        >with a PC and read .PDF and perhaps even .txt (or .rtf) files.
        >I'm also hoping to find one cheap (under 100$ US). Anyone here by any
        >chance know much about this?
        >Thanks, and sorry for the OT.
        >

        >Yours, Sidharam.

        You can look for an older model Handspring or Palm Pilot.
        I bought my handspring a couple of years ago and at the time it was on
        the cusp of being relegated to the out of date pile.

        It works fine.

        I am sure if you can locate one of these for aroun 100

        Try www.handspring.com