Re: Reading now

  • Al Griffith
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2003
      > From: "Ken James" <ogi8745@...>
      > Subject: Re: Reading now.
      > I am reading Declare by Tim Powers

      Are you enjoying it? I hated it, although I've loved
      all his other books.

      Al

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Ken James
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2003
        >From: Al Griffith <dfordoom@...>
        >To: Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Reading now
        >Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:35:42 -0700 (PDT)
        >
        > > From: "Ken James" <ogi8745@...>
        > > Subject: Re: Reading now.
        > > I am reading Declare by Tim Powers
        >
        >Are you enjoying it? I hated it, although I've loved
        >all his other books.
        >
        >Al

        It's definatly different. This is all I have ever read from the guy.
        I also enjoy Spy Thriller and the espionge aspect of the book.

        The only thing I don't quite like is the back and forth, one minute
        he is in 1941, then 63, then 48, then 45 all in one paragraph.

      • JennaKay Francis
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2003
          I've got four books going on at the same time right now:

          Winters Orphans by Elaine Corvidae
          Escape the Past by Gail McAbee
          Dream Knight by Alexis Kay Lynn
          The Scent of Stone by Savannah Michaels

          These are all electronic books by the way - all fantasy or paranormal.

          Jenna

          Inside a Snail's Shell - 2003 EPPIE Finalist Writers Exchange Ebooks
          Children's Picture Books - Writers Exchange Ebooks - http://www.writers-exchange.com
          Fantasy Romance - Dark Fantasy - Amber Quill Press http://amberquill.com
          Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/jennakayfrancis

        • Al Griffith
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31, 2003
            > From: "Ken James" <ogi8745@...>
            > Subject: Re: Re: Reading now

            > >Are you enjoying it? I hated it, although I've
            > loved
            > >all his other books.
            > >
            > >Al
            > >

            > It's definatly different. This is all I have ever
            > read from the guy.
            > I also enjoy Spy Thriller and the espionge aspect of
            > the book.

            His other books are a lot better. Chheck out "The
            Anubis Gates", "The Stress of Her Regard", "On
            Stranger Tides" and "Last Call".

            Al

            http://calendar.yahoo.com