re Kerry's dog & reading

  • k orchard
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2003
      I wanted to thank everyone who wrote to me. It has been a difficult time. I
      arranged the loan for the surgery then did much research only to find that I
      could not put my elderly dog through it. It would have been awful and the
      follow ups would have been terrible. He hated pain, hated the vet and at
      going on for ten and 80lbs was considered geriatric. He had arthritis and
      other problems and the type of stone he had is always caused by underlying
      disease or cancer.

      It just did not seem fair to put him through pain and torture he would not
      understand just so I could forstall my grief. He was my friend and he was a
      beautiful and loving dog who was a tremendous help to me during the worst
      days of my own illness. I tried to do what I thought he would want.

      I miss him terribly. IT is eerily quiet in my house. The cat sleeps with us
      now.

      On a lighter side I am reading the lastest Lord Peter Whimsy novel. I have
      also found that The Augur's Voice is listed as being available mid July and
      that Thoughtmaster is being showcased with other novels that have shape
      shifting characters in them on the publishers site.

      Thank you again for all the kind words and thoughts and I hope you are all
      well.

      I am going off line for a bit t o work and face some upcoming.....well, just
      life.

      Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things,
      man will not himself find peace
      -Albert Schweitzer-
      Take care all,
      Kerry
      Kerry Orchard
      Author of: The Thoughtmaster's Conduit
      2002 eppie finalist best fantasy
      The Augur's Voice...coming soon...chk out the preview at:
      http://www.kerryorchard.com
    • Lynne M Ramsdell
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2003
        I'm sorry to hear about your dog Kerry. It is very hard to deal with
        something like that. I hope things will get better for you.
        Thialynne