Re: [Fantasy_Books] Easy Reading

  • robert_kerr@computacenter.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      I second those series below, and hope you enjoy them. Along those lines,
      you could also try The Axis trilogy by, um... Someone remind me? First book is
      BattleAxe. Oh, Sara Douglass, that's it. Very enjoyable fantasy.

      Another good series, not as heavy as her better known series the Assassin's
      Apprentice, is the Liveship Traders series by Robin Hobb. First book is
      Ship of Magic (bit of a crap title, but I forgive her, because the book is
      superb,
      and the series as a whole is very well-crafted escapist fantasy).

      For quick reads, try Janny Wurts' Cycle of Fire (first book: Stormwarden),
      which,
      though not as light as the others I've mentioned, is a very good read, teetering
      on the edge of fantasy and science fiction (it is fantasy in feel, but the
      scenario is
      a standard science fiction cliche).

      Rob Kerr

      Hi Yael,

      If you want something really rich, yet easy to read,
      then try J.V. Jones series, The Book of Words -
      1. The Baker's Boy
      2. A Man Betrayed
      3. Master and Fool.

      I'd recommend them to anyone.

      However, if you want something so ridiculously easy to
      read that you'll have finished each book in less than
      2 hours, then go for Maggie Furey's Artifacts of
      Power:
      1. Aurian
      2. Harp of Winds
      3. Sword of Flame
      4. Dhiamarra

      Good books, but book 4 was rushed and doesn't matched
      the standard of the other 3. Still definitely worth
      reading though. Hope that helps.

      Rob

      > I'm looking for something fun to read, light
      > reading and not something
      > *heavy*.
      >
      > Yael.

      http://im.yahoo.com/

      Get 2 FREE books at eHarlequin.com.Indulge in our romantic books,
      recipes and getaway ideas. Take your romantic escape today to
      http://click.egroups.com/1/4638/2/_/231028/_/959856043/