Re: [Fantasy_Books] re Canadian fantasy WAS red sonja

  • H. Mazarakis
    Message 1 of 86 , Nov 13, 2002
      Kerry, I am so wanting to move to Canada. I don't care about the taxes. It will be especially good if I end up writing more fantasy :-)

      Helen M.

      --------------------------------------

      A great novelist is essentially tolerant, that is, displays a real apprehension of persons other than the author as having a right to exist and to have a separate mode of being which is important and interesting to themselves.

      Iris Murdoch
      --The Sublime and the Beautiful Revisited

    • peta smith
      Message 86 of 86 , Nov 17, 2002

        > So you believe in paying taxes for things you think are important, but you
        > don't believe in paying taxes for things other people think are important?
        >
        > Al
        >
        > I appear to be 200+ emails behind. Sorry .... I believe in paying taxes
        for things I thiink are important, but I also believe a lot of our tax
        money is wasted by politicians on their staffers, expense accounts,
        advertising campaigns etc. Actually, someone in the tax department once
        told me that some horrifically high figure (over 70%) of income tax
        collected was spent on income tax collection.