re Canadian fantasy WAS red sonja

  • Kerry Orchard
    Message 1 of 86 , Nov 13, 2002
      You know, Al...we have to write fantasy up here to escape the reality of and
      our sorrow over taxation.

      Kerry

      Kerry Orchard <http://www.kerryorchard.com/> author of:
      The Thoughtmaster's Conduit: 2002 EPPIE finalist best fantasy
      ISBN 1-58608-561-1 New Concepts Publishing Paperback&e-book av NOW

      On a world invaded by the Daha'et, the undead, only one
      force can destroy those who cannot be killed. . .and only
      one man and one woman can wield that force
    • peta smith
      Message 86 of 86 , Nov 17, 2002

        > So you believe in paying taxes for things you think are important, but you
        > don't believe in paying taxes for things other people think are important?
        >
        > Al
        >
        > I appear to be 200+ emails behind. Sorry .... I believe in paying taxes
        for things I thiink are important, but I also believe a lot of our tax
        money is wasted by politicians on their staffers, expense accounts,
        advertising campaigns etc. Actually, someone in the tax department once
        told me that some horrifically high figure (over 70%) of income tax
        collected was spent on income tax collection.