Re: [Fantasy_Books] David Eddings

  • sara chamama
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2000
      did i say i enjoyed it? ;) just kidding. i liked it, but i thought about
      half of it was repetitive and unneccisary.

      sara
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
        Hi Sara!

        > did i say i enjoyed it? ;) just kidding. i liked it, but i thought about
        > half of it was repetitive and unneccisary.

        As you first read Polgara some things seem really unneccersary. But with knowing the series (that start after the all that is described in Polgara) und will notice that it is a nice "add-on" to them.

        Julia
      • William Marnoch
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
          > darn. i read polgara, but nothing else of eddings. did that just ruin the
          > whole series for me then?

          I can't remember how much detail Polgara went into about the
          events in the Bel/Mal so there might not have been too many
          spoilers and the plot isn't all that unpredictable anyway. I doubt
          you've ruined the series but you've definetely started in the wrong
          place. I would imagine that Polgara wouldn't be as good a read as it
          should be because you'd probably miss a lot of the references to
          the events in other books. If you're going to read Eddings, start with
          the Belgariad.

          > sara

          William Marnoch
          w.j.marnoch@...

        • Big MAd drongo
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2000
            >No, you missed out book 5 "Enchanter's End Game". Then there's
            >another series of 5 books, The Mallorean and then two prequels,
            >Belgarath the Sorceror and Polgara the Sorceress.
            Hasn't the Riven Codex been released now as well?

            >Make sure you don't read the prequels until you've read all the other
            >books or might end up very confused
            I ended up pretty confused at times reading them after the main books
            :o)

            bmd