re: My Library Trip

  • Dave Friedman
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5 5:08 AM
      I've read a couple of them.

      The Last Unicorn? Elegant book by an excellent author. See if you
      can find other books by him, namely The People of the Air, or the
      exquisite Giant Bones. I never saw the movie.

      Stardust. Gaiman? This, along with American Gods, are excellent
      books. One wonders what Tim Burton would do with this (along with
      Danny Elfman). Same thing with his recent Coraline.

      The Years Best Fantasy and Horror are really wonderful
      anthologies...made even better by the extensive essays of 'The Year's
      Best' of Fantasy and Horror. Terry Windling,, one of the co-editors,
      is the author of one of my favorites, The Wood Wife. She, along with
      Ellen Datlow, also edited some really excellent 'fairy tale
      retellings' anthologies (Black Heart, Ivory Bones...Silver Birch,
      Blood Moon...Golden Slippers, Ruby Tears) with the fascinating
      artwork of Thomas Canty on the covers.

      Currently reading: Louise Erdritch's The Antelope Wife

      =df=
    • Allan Griffith
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5 9:08 PM
        > The Last Unicorn? Elegant book by an excellent author. See if you
        > can find other books by him, namely The People of the Air, or the
        > exquisite Giant Bones. I never saw the movie.

        _The Folk of the Air_. Peter S. Beagle's A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE is an
        exquisite book, I can't recommend it highly enough.

        Al
      • deaddoll69@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6 7:04 AM
          In a message dated 9/5/2002 9:05:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          agri4042@... writes:

          > Peter S. Beagle's A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE is an
          > exquisite book, I can't recommend it highly enough.

          I'll second that. It's an excellent book.

          Katx

        • Allan Griffith
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6 7:13 AM