Re: [Fantasy_Books] filming Peake WAS Digest Number 750

  • dfordoom
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2002
      --- gdehond <gdehond@...> wrote:
      > The books being much better wouldn't surprise.
      > Peake's writing is so
      > excellent that it cannot possibly be adequately
      > expressed in movie
      > form.

      To attempt to translate Peake to film or TV is to
      entirely miss the point of his writing. It's the
      WRITING that is so good, not the plot. It's not a
      plot-driven book. It appals me that the BBC could
      have been so stupid.

      Al

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • gdehond
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2002
        I'd vouch for the plot being as great as the writing, but in any case
        it's always so hard to take the style of a great writer and put it on
        the screen. Some people can get away with it (take "A River Runs
        Through It," which is a wonderful book AND movie), but often it's
        just not possible.