Thanks Al

  • Anthony Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Just wanna thank you for recommending Perdido Street Station and The Anubis
      Gates a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed both books immensely and they were
      certainly different to a lot of stuff I had read before.

      Who knows maybe I'll get a few more of your seggestions in the future :)

      Kodo
    • Al
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        At 12:05 AM 4/06/2002 +1000, you wrote:
        >Just wanna thank you for recommending Perdido Street Station and The Anubis
        >Gates a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed both books immensely and they were
        >certainly different to a lot of stuff I had read before.
        >
        >Who knows maybe I'll get a few more of your seggestions in the future :)

        If you like Powers, try James P. Blaylock. I recommend THE LAST COIN or
        HOMUNCULUS. And if you liked PERDIDO STREET STATION, you might like M.
        John Harrison's Viriconium stories, which were a major influence on
        Mieville. I'd start with THE PASTEL CITY. Very moody.

        Al
      • Anthony Harris
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
          Well I have decided to finish off the Otherland series. At the rate I read
          that should last me about 6 weeks. Then I will track down your email and
          check them out.

          Kodo