New book by Tanya Huff

  • pauliree
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
      Hi Guys,

      I've just started the new book by Tanya Huff, 'The Better Part of
      Valor". It is fantastic, and certainly up to the great standards of
      her previous books. She is fast becoming one of my absolute
      favourite authors. What do other people think of her work?

      Paula
    • Al
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
        At 09:46 AM 2/06/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >I've just started the new book by Tanya Huff, 'The Better Part of
        >Valor". It is fantastic, and certainly up to the great standards of
        >her previous books. She is fast becoming one of my absolute
        >favourite authors. What do other people think of her work?

        I've read one of her vampire books - Blood Price. It was OK, a bit Anita
        Blake-ish.

        Al
      • chamama02
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
          > I've just started the new book by Tanya Huff, 'The Better Part of
          > Valor". It is fantastic, and certainly up to the great standards
          of
          > her previous books. She is fast becoming one of my absolute
          > favourite authors. What do other people think of her work?
          >
          > Paula

          I absolutely loved her book "Summon the Cat" (I think that's what
          it's called), liked the 2 books in "Wizards of the grove" and didn't
          like at all the books in the series with "Quater the Sea " (or
          0something like that- I'm doing this all from vague memories)

          Sara
        • marykae
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
            The title you are thinking of is Summon the Keeper. The Quarter series was
            good, that's what started me on her, but I didn't like the last one, the one
            you mentioned, The Quartered Sea. .

            Marykae

            From: "chamama02" <chamama@...>
            Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 17:08:20 -0000
            To: Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [Fantasy_Books] Re: New book by Tanya Huff

            > I've just started the new book by Tanya Huff, 'The Better Part of
            > Valor". It is fantastic, and certainly up to the great standards
            of
            > her previous books. She is fast becoming one of my absolute
            > favourite authors. What do other people think of her work?
            >
            > Paula

            I absolutely loved her book "Summon the Cat" (I think that's what
            it's called), liked the 2 books in "Wizards of the grove" and didn't
            like at all the books in the series with "Quater the Sea " (or
            0something like that- I'm doing this all from vague memories)

            Sara

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Ken Ogilvy
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
              I was thinking back to when I read Blood Price and Al
              mentioned it "a bit Anita Blake-ish".
              I Just checked and Blood Price was published 2 years
              before Guilty Pleasures.

              --- Al <agri4042@...> wrote:
              > At 09:46 AM 2/06/2002 +0000, you wrote:
              > >I've just started the new book by Tanya Huff, 'The
              > Better Part of
              > >Valor". It is fantastic, and certainly up to the
              > great standards of
              > >her previous books. She is fast becoming one of my
              > absolute
              > >favourite authors. What do other people think of
              > her work?
              >
              > I've read one of her vampire books - Blood Price.
              > It was OK, a bit Anita
              > Blake-ish.
              >
              > Al

              http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
            • Al
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
                At 05:41 AM 3/06/2002 -0700, you wrote:
                >I was thinking back to when I read Blood Price and Al
                >mentioned it "a bit Anita Blake-ish".
                >I Just checked and Blood Price was published 2 years
                >before Guilty Pleasures.

                I actually thought it was better than the Anita Blake books.

                Al
              • Paula
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 4, 2002
                  So did I but my favourite of her books is The Fire's Stone which is a stand alone book, unusual enough in fantasy.

                  Also has anyone read the new John Marco book The Eyes of God? I'm supposed to review it and I can't seem to get started.

                  Paula