Looking for some good SF&F book recommendations?

  • lysander_sff
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      ...then come down to the Beyond Reality
      Online Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Reading Group at:

      Each month, this group elects TWO books (one from each genre); then
      we read the hell out of them; then we discuss the hell out of them!
      Why?! To discover some great new books, enhance our reading
      experience, AND have oodles of fun!

      Some of our past BOTMs (Books of the Month):
      A GAME OF THRONES, by George R. R. Martin
      HYPERION, by Dan Simmons
      DAUGHTER OF THE EMPIRE, by R. E. Feist & J. Wurts
      SHIP OF MAGIC, by Robin Hobb
      NEVERWHERE, by Neil Gaiman
      NEUROMANCER, by William Gibson
      TIGANA, by Guy Gavriel Kay
      ANUBIS GATES, by Tim Powers
      TO SAY NOTHING OF THE DOG, by Connie Willis
      ASSASSIN'S APPRENTICE, by Robin Hobb
      GOOD OMENS, by N. Gaiman & T. Pratchett
      SNOW CRASH, by Neal Stephenson
      A FIRE UPON THE DEEP, by Vernor Vinge
      PERDIDO STREET STATION, by China MiƩville
      CRYPTONOMICON, by Neal Stephenson

      Coming up, we have:
      A WIZARD OF EARTHSEA, by Ursula K. LeGuin (Fantasy)
      ENDER'S GAME, by Orson Scott Card (Sci-Fi)

      We also trade our old books by mail, and discuss all types of SF&F!
      Come check us out!

      Lysander
      Beyond Reality Group Moderator