Greetings, LOTR, an apology and Thomas

  • croydonrocor
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2002
      I havn't had achance to post for ages due to my travels across the
      states/canada (am in London Ontario atm) but here are several points
      I need to make.

      1)I admit it. I am sorry. I was wrong. Am reading LOTR again and
      LOVING IT!!!!! I think that both time I read it earlier (well I only
      got through fellowship the 2nd time before stoping through boredom) I
      was too young and intelelctually immature to appreciate it's beauty.
      I mean I alwasy though it was well written, it just never gripped me.
      But now I have fallen completely into the world and find the story
      gripping and great reading as well as great literature. I read FOTR
      from buffelo-london train (perfect timing... I finished the last page
      JUST as teh train pulled into the station! seriously!) and hope to
      read more soon!
      2)I WAS WONDERING EXACTLY THE SAME THING ABORT DWARVES AND FEMALES!!!
      SERIOUS PSYCIC VIBES HAPPENIGN HERE!!!!!
      3) I think Thomas is books that you have to read if you are a fan of
      fantasy, like LOTR. You may love them or hate them, but you should
      read them.

      Tim
      Your friendly and ever absent list moderator

      PS I didnt' get time to read more than a couple of the most recent
      posts...sorry...
    • peta smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2002
        Hi Tim ... I was wondering where you were. have you seen the LOTR movie yet?
        Peta