Re: [Fantasy_Books] Digest Number 64

  • tgj72@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2000
      TBR@... writes:

      << Try being a girl and asking for some of this stuff... I get some strange
      >looks from a lot of people when I walk into a comic store, or some "Boy's
      >Domain"...
      >
      >Geannie.

      Strange looks that have a startled "deer-in-headlights" look <g>. What's
      really fun is picking up a bunch of comics or anime at one time and having
      the guys look at you like they can't believe a "girl" reads/watches that
      stuff. I've been reading/collecting for...has it been twenty years already?
      <sigh> Time flies when you're having fun.

      Blessings,
      Melanie C. Duncan, Editor/Publisher >>
      I think its cute that girls can get into what is pretty much a guy thing.
      We need more girls into it,gives us something to actually talk to them about
    • Andrew Stevens
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2000
        > Strange looks that have a startled "deer-in-headlights" look <g>. What's
        > really fun is picking up a bunch of comics or anime at one time and having
        > the guys look at you like they can't believe a "girl" reads/watches that
        > stuff. I've been reading/collecting for...has it been twenty years
        already?
        > <sigh> Time flies when you're having fun.

        Nah - we know you are just doing your wifely duty and picking something up
        for your husband!!

        :)

        andrew ducks the hurled abuse thats going to come his way!!
      • tgj72@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2000
          In a message dated 5/1/00 9:08:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, a@...
          writes:

          << Nah - we know you are just doing your wifely duty and picking something up
          for your husband!!

          You are a very very brave man I'll put that on your head stone
        • Mythik
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2000
            HAhahaaaa... try asking for girly-mags when you'r looking for references for
            your fantasy art

            THAT gets you some strange looks

            ===Monica
            Elfwood Gallery 132:
            (and no, there's no nekkid ones in there... i put clothes on them after
            *nyer* :))))
            http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lothlorien/artists/bronwyn/bronwyn.html

            > Try being a girl and asking for some of this stuff... I get some strange
            >looks from a lot of people when I walk into a comic store, or some "Boy's
            >Domain"...
            >
            >Geannie.

            Strange looks that have a startled "deer-in-headlights" look <g>. What's
            really fun is picking up a bunch of comics or anime at one time and having
            the guys look at you like they can't believe a "girl" reads/watches that
            stuff. I've been reading/collecting for...has it been twenty years already?
            <sigh> Time flies when you're having fun.

            Blessings,
            Melanie C. Duncan, Editor/Publisher
            The Bookdragon Review (ISSN 1527-0157)
            http://www.bookdragonreview.com

            Get paid for the stuff you know!
            Get answers for the stuff you don't. And get $10 to spend on the site!
            http://click.egroups.com/1/2200/1/_/231028/_/957232926/