Re: [Fantasy_Books] Digest Number 373

  • Gaye Lynn Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2001
      Thanks Tony, I'm actually having a bit of a hard time getting into it....
      It is a little different, but that's not the reason -- just not in the mood
      for it, I guess! ;-)

      gaye ;)

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:16:41 +0100
      > From: Tony Evans <tony@...>
      > Subject: Re: The Golden Key
      >

      > >can't decide which to start first! Actually, I'm leaning towards The
      Golden
      > >Key mostly because it looks to be a stand alone -- I like to read series
      in
      > >total.
      >
      > It's not, to the best of my knowledge, stand-alone, but I'm not sure if
      the
      > sequals have been written yet.
      >
      > My wife thought it was ok, but not brilliant.
      >
      > --
      > Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
      > Recommended Author : Guy Gavriel Kay
      > Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
      > Meet the wife : http://www.darkstorm.org/grete

    • Gaye Lynn Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2001
        This is very interesting. I'd be interested to see how each author treats
        the spin-offs. I'm having trouble getting into it, though. I think I
        suffering from fantasy burn-out. I get this way sometimes, especially after
        reading a series (Just finished the Farseer Trilogy). I've put it aside for
        now, but have plans to pick it up again soon! Thanks for your input!!!

        gaye ;)