Re: [Fantasy_Books] My Top...er..few

  • robert_kerr@computacenter.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2000
      "Sandra" <99343924@...> wrote:

      > Ok I think I'll stop now, I'm sure there's probably a good few that I've
      >
      > left out. Ah well, that's plenty to keep yis going!!
      > I really want to start on the Keltiad books (Patricia Kenneally
      > Morrison) But I can't find copies of *any* of them *anywhere*, anyone
      > know something I don't in the Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford area?? (of Ireland
      >
      > that is!!)Are they even in print?

      It's very difficult to get those even over here (UK). I've never been able
      to find the first book in the series, and I really don't want to start
      the series without the first book. I guess Amazon is the only way...

      I'm glad the fantasy/SF market in Ireland has picked up. From what I
      can remember, there was very little choice. Of course, only being able
      to get to Dublin occasionally didn't help.

      Greetings from a former resident of Carlow!

      Rob Kerr
    • Sandra
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2000
        ---------Included Message----------
        >It's very difficult to get those even over here (UK). I've never >been
        able to find the first book in the series, and I really don't
        >want to start the series without the first book. I guess Amazon is
        >the only way...I'm glad the fantasy/SF market in Ireland has picked
        >up. From what I can remember, there was very little choice. Of
        >course, only being able to get to Dublin occasionally didn't help.
        >Greetings from a former resident of Carlow!
        ---------End Included Message---------
        Yeah I'm the same way, I'd love to be able to start reading the series
        from the very first book but I don't think that's going to happen, so
        I'll read whatever I can get my hands on! Since I've moved to Dublin
        from the back end of no-where it's been a lot easier to get a hold of
        the kind of books I like to read. God bless "Chapters" of Middle Abbey
        St. is all I can say! The SF/Fantasy market has definately picked up
        here, generally among us of the younger generation, I've found. Most, as
        I myself, get launched into the heady world of Fantasy by reading the
        LOTR at some stage during their teenage years. After that there's no
        turning back!!
        Sl�n
        ___________________________________
        Sandra Rothwell
        DCU CA1
        e-mail: s.rothwell@...
        99343924@...
      • Elspeth Ryan
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2000
          It's not fun trying to find the Keltiad in australia either...I've had to
          hit the second-hand shops, found just about everything except the first
          book *grrr*. Anyways, the rest of the series is a good read :)

          aiofe.

          "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."