  • Smita Mukherjee
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2001
      Now I feel foolish....I just realized that I can't spell. I think I've had
      to write too many papers in the last little while for my various classes.
      Smita

      Actually, so did I....and I am Hindu/Indain..... Smita (going back into
      lurkdom) > >Heheheh- I kid you not... I took it for Hindu Indian! LOL > > >
      > >--- In Fantasy_Books@y..., Sidharam Drevekenin wrote: > > > > > > peta
      smith wrote: > > > > > At 22:48 1/04/01 +0200, you wrote: > > > > > > > I
      agree with Saidharam's points except for the one about not >being able to >
      > > analyse and discuss humorous books. Of course we can! > > > > > > Peta >
      > > > Heya. > > > > Well, technically speaking you can discuss humorous
      books, I agree. >I just don't think that Pratchett's books have any
      literary value. >When > > Douglas Adams did it it was awe-striking. Because
      Douglas was >original. He used literary devices never used before (such as
      >describing > > things by what they are not... eg. The ship rolled down
      the >mountain like a dead bird wouldn't.) But Pratchett just copied his
      >style of > > writing and often even his jokes and ideas (I can provide
      specific >examples if needed.) Pratchett's world is admirable, and I more
      than > > once laughed my eyes out from his books, but I think they
      shouldn't >be confused with serious works of fantasy. That may be just
      myself > > though and if you disagree with me you probably have a point.
      >*shrugs*. :) > > > > Oh, and about my name... Two of you (whom I've seen)
      have been >spelling it wrong; I don't blame you - it's a teeth-breaker (or
      Drevekenin - >http://www.themestream.com/articles/396258.html >