Re: The Sword of Truth

  • Lysander (Dan)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2001
      Yah... I read the first four books too, after reading wheel of time.
      I also noticed all his questionable similarities, but it didn't stop
      me from enjoying most of his first three books. What did annoy me was
      the forth book, and his recycled character conflicts. Perhaps Jordan
      wasn't writing new material for him fast enough?
      What can you do? Jordan still has him womped in sales, and
      popularity, and people are still enjoying Goodkind apparantly- so let
      em be. Since they both work for TOR, I'm sure Jordan can get his
      hands on Goodkind's neck if he wants to! :)

      --- In Fantasy_Books@y..., Sidharam Drevekenin <hurak@a...> wrote:
      > As long as we're speaking of the Sword of Truth, I was wondering...
      >
      > I read part of this series (everything aside from books five and
      six) a
      > while back, and I couldn't help noticing the blunt plagiarism of the
      > author, Terry Goodkind. Most of his world is just a downright copy
      from
      > Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" setting. I'll just give you a
      few
      > examples to stir things up:
      >
      > The Temple of the Prophets = The White Tower. (Including a Black
      Ajah
      > and everything.)
      > Those guys with the red cloaks who hate magic and witches (I don't
      > recall their name) = The Children of the Light.
      > The Dark One Vs. The Creator = The Keeper Vs. (guess who!) The
      Creator.