Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Wot yer readin'?

  • peta smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19 4:48 AM
      I am reading Midnight Falcon by David Gemmell (another author recommended
      by someone on the list). It's not too bad. I also like sci fi and just
      re-read Arthur C Clarke's "Childhood's End" and an interesting suspense
      novel by John Case called "The Genesis Code" which has to do with genetic
      engineering. Very readable.

      At 23:42 18/03/01 +0100, you wrote:

      >> > I've been reading Terry Pratchett's "Equal Rites"...his books just
      >> > crack me up! I just can't stop grinning the whole time....
      >
      >He cracks me up too? It can be embarrasing when in public, or nights when
      hubby
      >is trying to sleep! I've got one older one to get....then the new one
      comes out
      >in May.....I'm catching up. The ones with the witches are my favourites!
      And
      >the ones with Death....and the ones with the City Watch....and heck.....I
      like
      >them all!!
      >
      >regards
      >Valerie.

    • Smita Mukherjee
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19 6:20 AM
        <<and an interesting suspense novel by John Case called "The Genesis Code"
        which has to do with genetic engineering. Very readable.>>

        I loved "The Genesis Code"!!!!! I actually picked it up in India and had it
        read in a couple of days. I don't think I've found anything else by John
        Case here in Canada. Does anyone else know if he's written anything else?
        Smita

      • Dale Jory
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21 2:17 AM
          I think he wrote "The Fourth Horsesman" which was
          about using the flu as a weapon. Its of a similar
          standard to the Genesis Code.
          Has anyone read Darwins Radio by Greg Bear and was it
          any good?

          Dale

          --- Smita Mukherjee <Shadoemaykher@...> wrote:
          > <<and an interesting suspense novel by John Case
          > called "The Genesis Code"
          > which has to do with genetic engineering. Very
          > readable.>>
          >
          > I loved "The Genesis Code"!!!!! I actually picked it
          > up in India and had it
          > read in a couple of days. I don't think I've found
          > anything else by John
          > Case here in Canada. Does anyone else know if he's
          > written anything else?
          > Smita

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Ruth Arnell
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21 3:51 PM

            >I think he wrote "The Fourth Horsesman" which was
            >about using the flu as a weapon. Its of a similar
            >standard to the Genesis Code.
            >Has anyone read Darwins Radio by Greg Bear and was it
            >any good?
            >
            >Dale

            I read Darwin's Radio and thoroughly enjoyed it. A good level of suspense,
            and a nice extrapolation of currently known biochemistry that makes up the
            plot line.

            Ruth