Re: Genres of Fantasy

  • AJT1959@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 30, 2000
      In a message dated 10/30/2000 9:41:49 AM Central Standard Time,
      Fantasy_Books@egroups.com writes:

      << High Fantasy is a type of fantasy
      where the characters take a secondary role to the plot, and the most
      developped
      part of the characters is the idea behind them rather than the person
      him/herself. >>

      Hmm. This echos what someone else said earlier and it makes sense. Very
      cool.
      Now a question for the group, if no one minds.

      What are your favorite:

      High Fantasy books?
      Comic Fantasy books?
      Secret Vice book? (You know, that one you hate to admit you like cuz it's
      been roundly trashed by the fantasy snobs but you read it in private anyway?)

      I'm asking for purely selfish reasons, of course. I'm trying to ferret out
      books I haven't read yet!

      Barb