Re: [Fantasy_Books] New author

  • Bill Garthright
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 24, 2011
      > Sometimes I wonder how a publisher decideds a novel is fantasy or paranormal?

      Paranormal IS fantasy, isn't it, Myra? I always just assumed that
      paranormal was a sub-genre of fantasy. I don't know what else it could
      be. Of course, I consider horror to be a sub-genre of fantasy, too, and
      I know that's sometimes separated out in bookstores.

      It's just a label, so I don't care much. I mostly read science fiction,
      but I don't even worry about separating science fiction and fantasy.
      Some books are easy to pigeonhole as one or the other, but you can't
      draw a clear line separating science fiction and fantasy when it comes
      to everything. So I don't worry about it much.

      PS. Welcome to the group.

      Bill

      http://garthright.blogspot.com/

      --
      It really comes down to parsimony, economy of explanation. It is
      possible that your car engine is driven by psychokinetic energy, but if
      Message 38 of 38 , Feb 8, 2012
        Or it could be both. Slipstream. Scifi and fantasy are nice categories to throw things under, but a lot of stuff just isn't a comfortable fit.

        Sent from my iPhone