My Query.

  • mlsbook1
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2011
      Many have asked my to put my Query Letter on here for their feedback. Thank you all very much, below is the letter.

      The once peaceful world of Mavenwoodhas succumb to the malevolent control of the wrathful Lord Zytor, who uses a folkloric cyclone, known as the Dark Plague of Tormor, to quell those who hinder his worldly subjection. The Adventures of Marky, Slash & Levy is the saga about three improbable friends: Marky (a Beagle Hound), Slash (a Black Lynx) and Levy (a Red Fox)who embark on a journey to impede Lord Zytor's domination.

      I am attached to writing about unlikely characters who, through some form of strife, discover personal virtue and lasting friendship. I am seeking an agency to represent my four, 200 page each, entries to market.

      Center stage are Marky, a complacent Beagle Hound who shares a leadership role with Levy. He is however, more outspoken. Next is Slash, a whimsical and ponderous Black Lynx who is content on being a follower. However, through the course of the series, he has some extraordinary moments of lucidity. Lastly, there is Levy, a reticent, but driven, Red Fox that shares leadership with Marky. However, he is less apt to demonstrate his inner confidence.

      I am formerly a columnist for the Bridgeport (IL.) Leader, a joyful task that I ceased to my topics straying from the juvenile genre. I am also a student of the Children's Institute of Literature.

      Entries One, Two & Three are available upon your request. The fourth (and final) entry will be completed in May. Thank You for your consideration of this proposal. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

      Sincerely,
      L.B. Fox