Re: [Fantasy_Books] Digest Number 2084

  • Paranormal Writer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2010
      Hi Everyone.
      I am working on a Fantasy romance at the moment. Actually, it's done and I
      am revising. I have sent queries to some agents and gotten "may I see more"
      letters back every time, but no one has picked it up yet. So, I figure I
      will keep reworking till I get it right. =]

      Chris
      http://christinechurch.net

      From: kelwin <darklordjamie@...>
      Subject: Re: [Fantasy_Books] I'm new - Donna Hatch
      To: Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, 15 January, 2010, 2:33

      I love fantasy and read a lot. am trying to write but it is slow. i find it
      hard to start a story but once i am in i am fine. My dream is to get a book
      published sometime in my life.

      jamie

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2010
          You might be subconsiously intimidated by the idea of writing a whole novel which can be causing you to freeze up.
          Instead of writing it by the seat of your pants, try to do an outline. Write out your world, your characters and the problem in just a few lines. Then write what happens, in otherwords, what is your character's call to action? What is the problem, the goal, and the motivation?
          Then tell what happens next. See if that helps.
          Donna

          > Is there anything you would suggest to me. I am trying to write a story but i have a great idea in my mind but have trouble transfering it in to words. would like any help on this.

        • kelwin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 22, 2010
            Hi thanks for this I will try what you said and see how i go thanks!