Steampunk anthology

  • Phoebe Matthews
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      I have been reading STEAMPUNK, an anthology edited by Ann and Jeff Vandermeer, probably available thru your library, and most the stories aren't romance but then I read "The Selene Gardening Society" by Molly Brown (UK author) in this collection. This is so fun I had to mention it. Recommend it. From there I went to the author's website and it is a gold mine of related information.

      Phoebe Matthews, urban fantasy
      http://phoebematthews.com
    • Chelsea Elisabeth Goodwin
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2009
        Thank you for this. The entire anthology is awesome and I can't recommend it highly enough. The same is true for de Fillipo's
        The Steampunk Trilogy. Chelsea

        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Phoebe Matthews" <phoebebks@...> wrote:

        > I have been reading STEAMPUNK, an anthology edited by Ann and Jeff Vandermeer, probably available thru your library, and most the stories aren't romance but then I read "The Selene Gardening Society" by Molly Brown (UK author) in this collection. This is so fun I had to mention it. Recommend it. From there I went to the author's website and it is a gold mine of related information.
        >
        > Phoebe Matthews, urban fantasy
        > http://phoebematthews.com

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2009
          Actually there's another good Steampunk anthology of original material
          that Nick Gever edited: Extraordinary Engines: The Definitive
          Steampunk Anthology. The Vandermeer's anthology is reprints, most of
          which were unfamiliar (except for Paul Difilippo's funny and very odd
          tale).

          There's a great deal of good steampunk material that's come out in the
          last couple of months. Try Ekaterina Sedia's The Alchemy of Stone,
          Jay Lake's Escapement (and Mainspring), and if you like really cheesy
          entertainment, try Stephen Hunt's The Court of the Air.

          /df/

        • Phoebe Matthews
          Message 4 of 4 , May 27, 2009
            Thanks for the Nick Gever title. I'm getting addicted to this genre. -http://phoebematthews.com