Re: [Fantasy_Books] Self-promotion

  • William C. Garthright
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2008
      > Your friendly (and defiantly still alive) list moderator

      I'm glad to hear it. :-)

      I haven't been posting much, since I haven't been reading much fantasy
      lately (I've been getting my fantasy in computer games). But I always
      like to hear what people are reading.

      I'm not so crazy about the spam, but I get tons of that, anyway. And
      it's easy enough to delete. But I do appreciate your post about this.

      Anyway, I just thought I'd say that I enjoy this list, even if I don't
      participate much. It's been slow lately, but that happens.

      Palin's record regarding women is McCain-compatible. Reports from Alaska
      say she's done nothing to address rampant sexual abuse, rape and
      domestic violence. While mayor of little Wasilla, women (mostly poor)
      were required to pay from $300 to $1,200 for testing to prove they were
      raped. More shocking, Palin opposes abortion even for victims of rape or
      incest. - Eva Knapp
    • Phoebe Matthews
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2008
        Hi, Tim, for a while there were no voices on this site. Now that there are, let me ask. I
        post fortunes twice a week on a number of sites where people assure me that they enjoy
        them. However, if you don't want them, say so, and I will not put them here. My
        background includes years of writing for astrology magazines. Now I write the Mudflat
        series for BookStrand, an urban fantasy series featuring a fortuneteller. So that's how I
        got started on posting fortunes. My reading is almost all fantasy, though once in a while I
        read something seriously boring for it's educational value. My favorite fantasy authors are
        Rachel Caine and Jim Butcher and oh yah, Terry Pratchett. Also I love Lilith Saintcrow and
        a bunch of others. Cheers! - http://phoebematthews.com (Mudflat series and Deja Vu
        Lover)

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2008
          Glad to see you are still alive, Tim. What have you been reading/doing
          lately?

          Cheers,