Self-promotion

  • Tim Andrews
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2008
      Whilst I obviously don't mind persons on this list posting to promote books
      they've written, fantasy related events they're involved in and so forth, it
      is my opinion that recently some of these have crossed the line into being
      annoying, and add no real information, nor provide anything to discuss and
      verge on the point of 'spam'.

      Please remember a forum for lovers of the genre to discuss fantasy books,
      and not merely a mailing list for people to buy books.

      Many thanks,
      Your friendly (and defiantly still alive) list moderator

    • William C. Garthright
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2008
        > Your friendly (and defiantly still alive) list moderator

        I'm glad to hear it. :-)

        I haven't been posting much, since I haven't been reading much fantasy
        lately (I've been getting my fantasy in computer games). But I always
        like to hear what people are reading.

        I'm not so crazy about the spam, but I get tons of that, anyway. And
        it's easy enough to delete. But I do appreciate your post about this.

        Anyway, I just thought I'd say that I enjoy this list, even if I don't
        participate much. It's been slow lately, but that happens.

        Palin's record regarding women is McCain-compatible. Reports from Alaska
        say she's done nothing to address rampant sexual abuse, rape and
        domestic violence. While mayor of little Wasilla, women (mostly poor)
        were required to pay from $300 to $1,200 for testing to prove they were
        raped. More shocking, Palin opposes abortion even for victims of rape or
        incest. - Eva Knapp
      • Phoebe Matthews
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2008
          Hi, Tim, for a while there were no voices on this site. Now that there are, let me ask. I
          post fortunes twice a week on a number of sites where people assure me that they enjoy
          them. However, if you don't want them, say so, and I will not put them here. My
          background includes years of writing for astrology magazines. Now I write the Mudflat
          series for BookStrand, an urban fantasy series featuring a fortuneteller. So that's how I
          got started on posting fortunes. My reading is almost all fantasy, though once in a while I
          read something seriously boring for it's educational value. My favorite fantasy authors are
          Rachel Caine and Jim Butcher and oh yah, Terry Pratchett. Also I love Lilith Saintcrow and
          a bunch of others. Cheers! - http://phoebematthews.com (Mudflat series and Deja Vu
          Lover)

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2008
            Glad to see you are still alive, Tim. What have you been reading/doing
            lately?

            Cheers,