Re: Digest Number 31

  • Kelly Moon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2000
      Ok, so Jane Welch isn't everybody's favorite. I still enjoy her books, but
      then I'm a sucker for a story with a more feminine power structure (ie, the
      three Priestess thing; I liked that). Another series I'm just getting into
      is "Wizard in Rhyme" by Christopher Stasheff. These are pretty religious,
      but I liked the ones I've read. I tend to favor the stories with the happy
      endings, good triumphing over evil and all that. The ones with morbid or
      uncertain endings kind of depress me.
      Anyone who is reading this, answer: what kind of Fantasy novels are the
      best? (eg, Celtic, Sword & Sorcery, Dark Magic...)

      Thanks in advance,
      Kelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2000
        From: "Greer Watson" <greer47@...>

        > Robert: I have read them all except the Black raven, i didn't even know it
        > exsisted. Does it come before or after the Red Wyvern and is it any good?

        The Black Raven comes after The Red Wyvern, AFAICR, and is just as good.
        More developments with Raena, the reintroduction of Salomonderiel,
        and complications from and involving Evandar. I won't spoil it for
        you, but it is a worthy successor to the previous books.

        Rob Kerr
      • Greer Watson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2000
          >Anyone who is reading this, answer: what kind of Fantasy novels are the
          >best? (eg, Celtic, Sword & Sorcery, Dark Magic...)

          No matter what i do i seem to keep on finding myself reading and loving
          books that have a sprirtual side to them. be it reincarnation, magic\healing
          through spirituality rather than potions, telepathy and mind travel etc

          Also i can't stop reading books that are sets of trilogy's or more. Now if i
          read a novel that is only singular i feel it is too short or doesn't delve
          into great detail. It is such a vexation as I am running out of good sets to
          read.

          If anyone hasn't read Katherine Kerr's books i urge you too, I absolutly
          loved them, they were one of the best series i have read i think.