Re: New here

  • darkomik772000
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 21, 2007
      > I've read Dunsany before and liked what I read very much, King of
      > Elfland's Daughter is a re-read with a couple of decades between, so
      > it'll be like a new book. I also have "The Charwoman's Shadow" (I
      > think that's the title -- its at home, I'm at work).
      >
      > Dawn

      I also have his Jorkens series as well as The Charwoman's Shadow and
      Don Rodiquez. I've yet to read those. I also have "The Other Side" by
      Alfred Kubin. It's been compared to Mervin Peake's Ghormenghast
      trilogy. That remains to be seen.
    • robina_williams
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 28, 2007
        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Mervi" <mhamalainenenator@...>
        wrote:

        > It's likely in his new collection: Fragile Things.
        >
        > Mervi

        Thank you, Mervi. I seem to remember reading this story a couple of
        years ago, though, in an anthology containing other authors. Maybe it
        was a sort of all-purpose fantasy collection. Shadow nearly came to a
        sticky end but was saved by Grendel's mom, I think -- a favor returned.

        Robina ~ www.robinawilliams.com
        robinawilliams@...
        The quantum cat is back!
        Angelos, available now from Amazon.com