Anyone read Vardeman?

  • Leigh L.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      Evening all,

      I was having another reluctant clearout of my book cupboards last night
      and came across a stack of big books/collections by Robert E. Vardeman -
      The War of Powers I & II, Swords of Raemllyn, The Jade Demons Quartet
      etc.

      I've had them for nigh on 20 years and it's probably time I admitted to
      myself that I'll never get around to reading them, so while they
      languish in the 'take to charity shop' pile, I thought I'd just check
      whether or not anyone here has read any of Vardeman's stuff (it's not a
      name I see brought up regularly) and can put forward a heartfelt last-
      minute plea to move them to the top of my reading list immediately :)

      Cheers,

      - Leigh
    • William C. Garthright
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        > I thought I'd just check whether or not anyone here has read any of Vardeman's stuff (it's not a name I see brought up regularly)

        I've got his T*he Sandcats of Rhyl*, but I don't remember it at all.
        Chances are I'm just like you, that I bought it (used, I'm sure) but
        never got around to reading it.

        A cult is a religion with no political power. - Tom Wolfe
      • robina_williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
          --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Garthright"
          <billg@...> wrote:

          > > I thought I'd just check whether or not anyone here has read any
          of Vardeman's stuff (it's not a name I see brought up regularly)

          > I've got his T*he Sandcats of Rhyl*, but I don't remember it at
          all.
          > Chances are I'm just like you, that I bought it (used, I'm sure)
          but
          > never got around to reading it.
          >
          > Bill

          Thanks for brightening up my day, Bill. I laughed so much at the book
          title "The Sandcats of Rhyl." Rhyl -- when not being a desert planet -
          - is a downmarket seaside resort in North Wales (UK). And yes, it has
          lots of sand. Wonder if the author had holidayed there one year (and
          not enjoyed his holiday)?

          Robina ~ www.robinawilliams.com
          robinawilliams@...
          The quantum cat is back!
          Angelos out now on Amazon.com
        • gioliver@swbell.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
            I've not heard of him, but that's not really saying much.

            Gloria Oliver
            www.gloriaoliver.com
            Unveiling the Fantastic

            I was having another reluctant clearout of my book cupboards last night

            and came across a stack of big books/collections by Robert E. Vardeman -

            The War of Powers I & II, Swords of Raemllyn, The Jade Demons Quartet

            etc.

            I've had them for nigh on 20 years and it's probably time I admitted to

            myself that I'll never get around to reading them, so while they

            languish in the 'take to charity shop' pile, I thought I'd just check

            whether or not anyone here has read any of Vardeman's stuff (it's not a

            name I see brought up regularly) and can put forward a heartfelt last-

            minute plea to move them to the top of my reading list immediately :)

            Cheers,

            - Leigh

            <!--

            #ygrp-mkp{