New chap

  • craigherbertson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hi,

      I'm new to the group.

      I'm a Scottish science fiction fantasy and horror writer. I have
      published one novel 'School: the Seventh Silence' by Immanion press,
      a novelette 'The Heaven Maker' published in Pan Horror and a few other
      bits and pieces.

      My favourite Fantasy author is Eddison. I basically like the older
      fantasy works and haven't read much new stuff with the exception of
      Powers and a few others.

      Hope to get some recommendationshere.

      Craig
    • chanawildspace
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2007
        Hi Craig!

        Welcome to the group! For a second there I thought someone was
        posting a new chapter on the list, like a book chapter. But our
        friend here is British and it took me a second to connect that he is
        a new "chap"-- like the new guy. Anyways, I thought that was funny!
        Back to lurking.

        -Clare

        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "craigherbertson"
        <craigherbertson@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm new to the group.
        >
        > I'm a Scottish science fiction fantasy and horror writer. I have
        > published one novel 'School: the Seventh Silence' by Immanion
        press,
        > a novelette 'The Heaven Maker' published in Pan Horror and a few
        other
        > bits and pieces.
        >
        > My favourite Fantasy author is Eddison. I basically like the older
        > fantasy works and haven't read much new stuff with the exception of
        > Powers and a few others.
        >
        > Hope to get some recommendationshere.
        >
        > Craig

      • craigherbertson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
          Hi Clare,

          You'd be a chapess then by my nomenclature.

          I gather 'chap' means something utterly different to you. Hope its
          nothing rude.

          Craig

          -- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "chanawildspace" <spacefan58@...>