Anyone?

  • cherokeegirl722000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      Has anyone read the mists of avalon?
      I am going to start it soon.
      :)
      kara
    • karl barnes
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        Yes. It's a wonderful and almost lyrical novel . If you've read anything by Marion Zimmer Bradley,then you'll know that this is her Magnum Opus. Truely, a different look at Camelot,Arthur and Morgaine Le Fey. I think that you'll really enjoy it.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
          The Mists of Avalon is a great book. Keep your mind open when you read
          it, none of he characters are truly goos or truly evil.
          FrankT
          --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "cherokeegirl722000"
          <cherokeegirl722000@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone read the mists of avalon?
          > I am going to start it soon.
          > :)
          > kara

        • margaret mcgee
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
            Hi
            i really liked the mists of avalon
            margaret

            >From: "Frank T" <XTONTOX@...>
            >To: Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Anyone?
            >Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 09:57:43 -0000
            >
            >The Mists of Avalon is a great book. Keep your mind open when you read
            >it, none of he characters are truly goos or truly evil.
            >FrankT
            >--- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "cherokeegirl722000"
            ><cherokeegirl722000@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone read the mists of avalon?
            > > I am going to start it soon.
            > > :)
            > > kara

            Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition
            http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk
          • cherokeegirl722000
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
              I hope I will, I started it today. It is really good so far!
              :)
              kara

              --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, karl barnes <priestvyrce@...>
              wrote:

              > Yes. It's a wonderful and almost lyrical novel . If you've read
              anything by Marion Zimmer Bradley,then you'll know that this is her
              Magnum Opus. Truely, a different look at Camelot,Arthur and Morgaine
              Le Fey. I think that you'll really enjoy it.

            • Richard Claypool
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
                It's not historically accurate in many ways, but it's not a bad read.

                Rick

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4, 2007
                  Mists of Avalon is one of my favorite books about the King Arthur
                  legend. I love the way the story was told from the point of views of
                  the women surrounding King Arthur. It even inspired me to write a novel
                  re-telling the Arthurian romances called White Rose of Avalon, which
                  will be released in November.

                  Kelley
                  http://www.kelleyheckart.com

                  --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Frank T" <XTONTOX@...> wrote:

                  > The Mists of Avalon is a great book. Keep your mind open when you
                  read
                  > it, none of he characters are truly goos or truly evil.
                  > FrankT
                  > --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "cherokeegirl722000"
                  > <cherokeegirl722000@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Has anyone read the mists of avalon?
                  > > I am going to start it soon.
                  > > :)
                  > > kara

                • Katherine
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 4, 2007
                    I read Mists of Avalon recently (or, that is, I listened to it on
                    audiobook). It is beautifully written and a very different
                    perspective. It's not on my list to read again, but it's a classic, so
                    I'm glad I read it. I have reviewed it more thoroughly on my new
                    website: FantasyLiterature.net

                    I've started this as a hobby while I'm not teaching this summer. This
                    is my first experience in webpage design (so far I'm just using
                    Publisher, but I hope to learn real coding at some point). Anyway, I'm
                    compiling a list of epic fantasy authors and their works (in order)
                    and adding my own personal opinions (if anyone cares), editorial
                    reviews, award nominations and winners, what's available in audiobook
                    format, what's appropriate for kids, links to the Amazon product
                    pages, etc. I hope you like it! (And I hope it doesn't kill me.) I
                    just started this last week, and I'm just learning how to do webpages,
                    so I'm just getting going. You can visit me at FantasyLiterature.net.
                    Let me know what you all think and what you'd like to see on the site
                    that would make you want use it as a resource.

                    Katherine

                    <cherokeegirl722000@...> wrote:

                    > Has anyone read the mists of avalon?
                    > I am going to start it soon.
                    > :)
                    > kara

                  • Shannon
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 6, 2007
                      I've read it. Years ago, though, and remember little except for a few
                      sex scenes that made me at fourteen go "Oh my!" I've considered that
                      I should reread it.

                      --
                      The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting
                      something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.