8919Re: War of the Worlds and Batman Begins

  • Marilyn Peake
    Jul 2, 2005
      Hi, Jennifer,

      I think I liked the War of the Worlds movie so much because it was
      based on a radio show from a much more innocent time than today, a
      time in which people actually committed suicide out of fear that we
      were being invaded by aliens. I thought the movie contained the same
      type of basic sci fi story as the radio show, a simple story about
      Martians invading earth; but was ratcheted up quite a few notches in
      the tech department to meet modern standards. :) I thought that
      Spielberg did an excellent job of blending an old-fashioned sci-fi
      story with modern technology.

      Cheers,
      Marilyn

      ~~ Drink deeply by land or sea. Earth comes only once.~~
      From THE FISHERMAN'S SON Trilogy
      http://www.marilynpeake.com
      http://www.thefishermansson.com

      From PIERS ANTHONY, best-selling, award-winning science fiction and
      fantasy author:
      "Now I have read The Fisherman's Son. This is a nice children's
      fantasy, grounded in realism."

      From JAMES A. COX, Editor-in-Chief of the MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW:
      "The Fisherman's Son is a delightful and colorfully narrated tale
      which documents Marilyn Peake as a story teller of considerable
      narrative skill."

      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jen@e...> wrote:

      >> Hubby and I went to see WotW yesterday. I enjoyed it, but I didnt
      think it was great. The special effects were fun and there were some
      interesting shots, but I found most of the movie kept reminding me of
      other movies, having a very strong feel or look similar to another
      movie I had seen.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic