8787RE: [Fantasy_Books] Re: What should I read?!?

  • william@wmarnoch.freeserve.co.uk
    Apr 2, 2005
      On 2 Apr 2005 at 14:57, Ken Ogilvy wrote:

      > --- william@... wrote:
      > >
      > > > And is it finished yet?
      > >
      > > There's a line in Robert Jordan's biography in the
      > > back of some of the books that says
      > > he "intends to keep writing until they nail shut his
      > > coffin." I have a horrible suspicion that
      > > when that happens he'll still desperately be trying
      > > to finish the Wheel of Time.
      > >
      > I have heard from wotmainia.com that Jordan that book
      > 12 will end the series. I am crossing my fingers

      Only one more book (after the one later this year)? I find that slightly hard to believe.

      I suppose it might depend on how long the book is - maybe it'll be like Tad Williams's
      fantasy trilogy "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn", which only gets to be a trilogy because
      "Book 3" is over 1500 pages (and 2 volumes) long.

      Still, it would be nice if it was true. Although, after all this time he'd better write a good
      ending, otherwise some of his 'fans' might be tempted to put him in the "writing while
      they nail shut his coffin" state prematurely.

      --
      William Marnoch
      william@...