8784RE: [Fantasy_Books] Re: What should I read?!?

  • william@wmarnoch.freeserve.co.uk
    Apr 2, 2005
      On 2 Apr 2005 at 19:53, Jane Gray wrote:

      > I read the first six in as many months, as was enjoying them. But had to
      > wait for book seven to be published. That was my downfall. I was just unable
      > to pick up the multipe story threads. Jordan avoids the annoying habit of
      > continually recovering back story. Annoying that is when you are reading a
      > series all in one go, but rather useful when picking one up after a break.
      > How many books are there in the series now?

      There are currently 10 books in the series, with the 11th allegedly being published later
      this year.

      > And is it finished yet?

      There's a line in Robert Jordan's biography in the back of some of the books that says
      he "intends to keep writing until they nail shut his coffin." I have a horrible suspicion that
      when that happens he'll still desperately be trying to finish the Wheel of Time.

      "no" is the shorter answer to your question.

      > Not sure
      > I can afford the time it would take to reread the first six and can on with
      > the series to the end.

      I'd probably advise waiting until the series is finished (if ever) since the recent books
      have rarely advanced the plot much.

      > But I did enjoy the first six that I did read.

      I have to admit I do still enjoy the Wheel Of Time books, but I've got a bit exasparated at
      the glacial rate of progress in the story.

      --
      William Marnoch
      william@...