8783Re: What should I read?!?

  • eelloxx
    Apr 2, 2005
      Pick up The Bone Doll's Twin by Lynn Flewelling. One of the best I
      have ever read. It is a very original story with great indepth
      characters. You won't be able to put it down. I my self am about half
      through Clash of Kings by Martin and I'm loving the series. He is a
      fantastic writer.

      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mashepardson@m...>
      > I have been away from Fantasy for a long time, measured in decades
      > not years, and I'm interested in getting back into it. I enjoyed the
      > Lord of the Rings but I would like to avoid 'copycat' books with
      > elves, dwarves, etc. I'm currently reading George R R Martin's
      > series and LOVE IT! Unfortunately, I'll soon be through it :-(
      > I prefer good writing, character development and plotting to sword &
      > sorcery action. Actually, the action tends to turn me off but I love
      > suspense.
      > I've been lurking for a while and I'm tempted by Kushiel's Dart but I
      > decided I'd take suggestions before I embark on another mammoth
      > series.
      > Thanks to all!
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic