8161Re: Lackey's JOUST

  • Shiwolf
    Feb 3, 2004
      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, Mai Nguyen <fadededges@y...>
      > Hey guys,
      > I wanted to say hello to everyone on the list. I just signed
      > up a few days ago, haven't been getting emails in my inbox so I
      > stopped by to see what was up with that and decided to post as well.
      > I'm 22 years old, living in Alabama and studying to be a
      > psychologist. My favorite fantasy authors include Terry Pratchett
      > (though I haven't read anything in a while), David Eddings, George
      > R.R. Martin as well as Mercedes Lackey, among others. I'm a
      > reader and hope to get really good recommendations from this
      list. ;)
      > For the person who asked about JOUST, I've read that book and
      > I thought it was an interesting concept. Though isn't it similar to
      > the Pernriders? I've never read McCaffrey's stuff, so I don't know.
      > There is going to be a sequel called ALTA coming out in March, so
      > excited for that!
      > But I'm glad to see Lackey expanding into other areas. I do
      > love her Valdemar series, but I also picked up her newest book, THE
      > FAIRY GODMOTHER (the launch book for the Luna series), and it was an
      > excellent read. Of course, I think I'm a little biased. :)
      > Anyway, that's all from me for now. I like to ramble a lot,
      > I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again soon.
      > Mai

      Hi and welcome,
      >I don't know if this will interest you or not but I am now
      reading "The Dark Elf Trilogy" by RA Salvatore and I can not put the
      book down. It is three books in one binding and I am already on the
      third book. I plan to read "The Icewind Dale Trilogy" next by RA
      Salvatore. It is the continuing journey of my character Drizzt. I
      love the book and to Chris Peters, thanks for convincing me to try
      these books. they are Great readings and indeed fast.

      Another good book to read is "Eragon" Christopher Paolini is a great
      writer and this is his first in a series. He is writing two more
      books after this one that has to do with a dragon and a boy. You
      will enjoy it. I love it so much that I bought it on tape and
      listening to it again.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic