Fic: 'Run' (Marvel) ... PG | Anole/Hellion

  • Pixie Child
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      Title: Run
      Author: Pixie Child ( glitery_insane_pixie_child@... / http://pixie.submystic.com )
      Fandom: Marvel Comics - New X-Men (II)
      Characters: Julian Keller (Hellion), Victor Borkowski (Anole)
      Pairing: Julian Keller (Hellion)/Victor Borkowski (Anole) pre-slash
      Rating: PG-13
      Timeline: after the 'Quest for Magik' arc, but before 'Messiah CompleX'
      "You ran so fast and you fought so hard / You must be crazy for me" (Melissa Ethridge - Must Be Crazy For Me)
      "Just so you know Julian, if you keep staring at me like that, I might get the wrong impression." Vic drawled. Julian's eyes snapped up to meet his.
      "Huh?" The telekinetic asked dumbly.
      "You were staring at me." Victor told him. "Again."
      "I was not." Hellion denied.
      "You were. And you've been doing it a lot lately."
      "Oh, well," Julian scratched the back of his neck. "It's your new arm. It takes some getting used to." A few weeks ago, Anole would've given it to him, but it had been more than a month since Limbo and even Rockslide had lost his fascination with it.
      "Uh-huh. Try having it be your arm. Then we'll talk." Vic went back to channel surfing, but almost right away he could feel Julian's eyes on him again. He rolled his eyes. "You're doing it again." Vic said, not looking up this time.
      "You're full of shit, Lizard Boy." Julian sniped back and stood up to, Vic assumed, leave.
      "Uh-huh. Keep telling yourself that, Keller."
      "Oh, I almost forgot." Julian said, so quietly Victor almost didn't hear him. The older student walked over and sat so close it was clear he'd 'forgotten' Vic's thing about personal space. "Some of us are gonna sneak out to the edge of the property for a guy's thing. Santo says he's scored some good shit and Cessily talked Sunspot into picking up beer." Victor didn't bother asking why Cessily was a part of guy's night; it was just one of those things that seemed to be an unofficial rule. "You up for it?" Vic had to deliberately not smirk at the innuendo.
      "Drugs are bad, Mr. Keller." He intoned. Julian snickered.
      "So is taunting Santo on a regular basis, but that hasn't stopped you yet. So, you in?"
      Instead of answering, Vic took advantage of their position by leaning forward ever so slightly and he kissed him, short and sweet. When he pulled back, Julian was sputtering but he didn't look angry or offended, just completely caught off guard. Vic stood up.
      "Sure." He said over his shoulder as he left, "See you tonight."

                         ~  Pixie Child
      Ellie: I make it six each.
      Boom-Boom: Don't you try and impress me with your counting. You know I growed up in a trailer park.
      Castle: I can't believe you'd blow off illegal fireworks for a lousy head start at a top-notch education!
      Chloe: Statistical fact, Clark Kent can't get within five feet of Lana Lang without turning into a total freak show.
      Kennedy: Buffy believes in you.
      Willow: You know, Buffy; sweet girl, not that bright.
      Matt Albie: Was she calling us Hollywood liberals or was she calling us gay?
      Danny Tripp: It's a pretty fine distinction.
      Sheppard: What’s our status, Rodney?
      Rodney: I’d say screwed is an apt description.
      Chang: We need breathing room.
      Kirk: Earth. Hitler, 1938.
      Chang: I beg your pardon?
      Sarah: You come any closer and I shoot.
      Casey: You shoot him, I shoot you, and leave both your bodies here for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes.
      Jack Harkness: No other race in the universe goes camping. Celebrate your own uniqueness!
      Lefou: No one plots like Gaston.
      Gaston: Takes cheap shots like Gaston.
      Lefou: Plans to persecute harmless crackpots like Gaston!
      Jon Stewart: So there you have it, gay people. The ligislature in one of America's largest states has thought it over, debated it and decided that you can't have a basic civil right. But, hey, on the other hand, Meredith Baxter. Fu(beep). (Dec.03/2009)
      The first thing the Warren Commission found is that it is easier to reach a predetermined decision if you overlook pesky distractions. These include unreliable witnesses who might testify to things that don't fit in with your theory, physical evidence that hasn't been planted medical evidence that hasn't been altered, Mafia co-conspirators who haven't been rubbed out yet, et cetera. [UFOs, JFK, and Elvis by Richard Belzer (pg.33)]