Fic: 'No Excuse' (Marvel) ... PG | Wiccan

  • Pixie Child
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2 11:33 AM
      Title: No Excuse
      Author: Pixie Child ( glitery_insane_pixie_child@... / http://pixie.submystic.com )
      Fandom: Marvel Comics - Young Avengers/Runaways
      Characters: Billy Kaplan (Wiccan) + YA & Runaways team members
      Rating: PG
      "S-stop l-la-laughing!" Billy spat out and glared at the entire room. But rather then making them sober up, it just sent most of them into another fit of laughter. "It-it's n-n-not f-funny!"

      "Sure it is," Tommy hiccupped, "Bro."

      "Come on, Billy. You did kind of deserve it." Kate reprimanded, probably going for prim, but she was obviously trying to cover her amusement.

      "I-I-I-" Billy grunted in frustration and closed his eyes. "Did not!" He finally managed to get out.

      "You broke rule number one. A rule which you agreed to!"

      "I-I-" He sputtered, "W-we w-were, a-and a-are, d-d-dru-drunk!"

      "That's no excuse." Eli said with disgust, although he wasn't even trying to hide his amusement. "There's no excuse for that."

      "T-t-then wh-why did-didn't she d-do it t-t-to C-Cass o-or K-K-Kar-Kara-" Bully huffed and gave up on trying to get out the name. "H-her g-girl-girl-f-friend?" He pointed at Xavin.

      "Well, you gotta admit, Billy, even as a chick, Karolina's" Tommy stressed the name with a smirk, "girlfriend is more intimidating then 'Hulkling'. No offence." He added to Teddy, but didn't lose his grin.

      "A-a-an-and C-Cassie?" He demanded, well aware he didn't sound as threatening with the magically-induced stutter.

      "Vision's given me more words then I know what to do with for my spells." Nico answered, her smirk matching Tommy's. "I owe him. "Just be glad you can talk already. It was supposed to last all night."

      "I ha-hate y-y-you a-all." Billy muttered.

      "Even me?" Teddy asked sweetly and put an arm around Billy's shoulders. Billy shrugged it off and shifted away from his boyfriend.

      "Eh-es-espec-es-" Billy growled in exasperation and smacked the shapeshifter on the arm. "Y-you t-th-the m-most. You d-d-didn't even t-try t-to d-def-defend m-me!"

      "Billy, I love you more then anything, but there's no excuse for Taylor Swift at all."

      "And not only were you dancing to her" Eli used airquotes, "'music', you guys were singing to it, too. So loud-"

      "-and off-key-" Kate interjected.

      "-that we could hear it across the building!"

      "We weren't that bad." Cassie said. No one said anything, although Tommy, Vic and Chase all snickered.

      Karolina looked at Xavin. "Were we?" She asked, a little tentatively. Xavin didn't answer.

      Cassie huffed. "C'mon, Kar, Billy. We're just not appreciated here." Billy stood up and the three of them marched out of the room, indignant. "Wait, stop!" Cassie hissed just after they left the main room. She stuck her head back into the room. "Your loss, Teddy." She chirped. "Billy even had his parents' permission to sleep over."

      Teddy moaned, obviously getting what Cassie was saying. Billy and Karolina looked at each other, both grinning and they followed Cassie as she lead them away. He was just kind of upset it meant he was losing out too. Oh well, it did serve him right.

                         ~  Pixie Child
      Ellie: I make it six each.
      Boom-Boom: Don't you try and impress me with your counting. You know I growed up in a trailer park.
      Castle: I can't believe you'd blow off illegal fireworks for a lousy head start at a top-notch education!
      Chloe: Statistical fact, Clark Kent can't get within five feet of Lana Lang without turning into a total freak show.
      Kennedy: Buffy believes in you.
      Willow: You know, Buffy; sweet girl, not that bright.
      Matt Albie: Was she calling us Hollywood liberals or was she calling us gay?
      Danny Tripp: It's a pretty fine distinction.
      Sheppard: What’s our status, Rodney?
      Rodney: I’d say screwed is an apt description.
      Chang: We need breathing room.
      Kirk: Earth. Hitler, 1938.
      Chang: I beg your pardon?
      Sarah: You come any closer and I shoot.
      Casey: You shoot him, I shoot you, and leave both your bodies here for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes.
      Jack Harkness: No other race in the universe goes camping. Celebrate your own uniqueness!
      Lefou: No one plots like Gaston.
      Gaston: Takes cheap shots like Gaston.
      Lefou: Plans to persecute harmless crackpots like Gaston!
      Jon Stewart: So there you have it, gay people. The ligislature in one of America's largest states has thought it over, debated it and decided that you can't have a basic civil right. But, hey, on the other hand, Meredith Baxter. Fu(beep). (Dec.03/2009)
      The first thing the Warren Commission found is that it is easier to reach a predetermined decision if you overlook pesky distractions. These include unreliable witnesses who might testify to things that don't fit in with your theory, physical evidence that hasn't been planted medical evidence that hasn't been altered, Mafia co-conspirators who haven't been rubbed out yet, et cetera. [UFOs, JFK, and Elvis by Richard Belzer (pg.33)]