Fic: 'Fanboy' (Marvel) ... PG | Anole, Rockslide

  • Pixie Child
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2010
      Title: Fanboy
      Author: Pixie Child ( glitery_insane_pixie_child@... / http://pixie.submystic.com )
      Fandom: Marvel Comics - Young X-Men(/Young Avengers)
      Characters: Santo Vacarro (Rockslide), Victor Borkowski (Anole) + cameo appearance of the Young Avengers
      Rating: PG
      Timeline: Late into Young X-Men

      "You are such a fanboy." Rockslide grunted as Anole vaulted over a downed robot and onto the next, the green guy never taking his eyes off the team fighting alongside them. "You do remember you're a superhero too, right?"

      "Say it a little louder, why don't you?" The lizard-like mutant bitched, sounding a little embarrassed and a lot annoyed.

      "Okay." Santo smirked. "Anole!" He called a little louder than before, "You are such a-"

      "Shut up, Rockslide." Vic hollered.

      The robots attacking the park were ridiculously easy to defeat and it took less than ten minutes to finish the fight. "Pansies." He kicked the nearest broken android, half hoping it would get back up. When it didn't, he looked over at Vic. "So, should we introduce the Young Avengers to their biggest fan?"

      Victor chucked a decapitated robot head at him. "Don't even start." He warned Santo idly. "Patriot's kind of hot, don't you think?"

      "Yeah." Santo started to nod before he realized it, then turned it into a shrug. Unfortunately, judging by the smirk Vic was giving him, he didn't catch himself soon enough. "If you like dudes, I guess."

      "Uh-huh." Anole jumped from the pile of dead 'droids and onto Rockslide's shoulder.

      "I like Hawkeye." He covered, then leered overtly across the park at the girl in question. "She's fine. And the way she handles her crossbow..." He trailed off with a guttural moan.

      "Sure, Rockslide." His friend replied doubtfully. "You keep telling yourself that."

      "She is!' He insisted. "Girls and guns. Even you've gotta see it, even if you are queerer then a glittery pride flag flown by Fabio."

      "Right."

      "Fag." Santo teased off-hand as he walked over toward the Young Avengers.

      "Dumbass." Vic shot back.

      "Fanboy." He sang out, loud enough to attract the attention of the boy wearing the cape.

      "Flaming hetro." Anole muttered just before he hopped off Rockslide and walked over to Hawkeye and Patriot. He held out his hand and grinned. "Hi. I'm Anole and this is Rockslide."

      Patriot shook Vic's hand and Santo snickered. When they withdrew, Anole's hand went behind his back and he flipped the larger X-Men the bird. Santo snickered again.

      .

                         ~  Pixie Child

      Lefou: No one plots like Gaston.
      Gaston: Takes cheap shots like Gaston.
      Lefou: Plans to persecute harmless crackpots like Gaston!

      Ellie: I make it six each.
      Boom-Boom: Don't you try and impress me with your counting. You know I growed up in a trailer park.

      Chloe: Statistical fact, Clark Kent can't get within five feet of Lana Lang without turning into a total freak show.

      Kennedy: Buffy believes in you.
      Willow: You know, Buffy; sweet girl, not that bright.

      Matt Albie: Was she calling us Hollywood liberals or was she calling us gay?
      Danny Tripp: It's a pretty fine distinction.

      Sheppard: What’s our status, Rodney?
      Rodney: I’d say screwed is an apt description.

      Chang: We need breathing room.
      Kirk: Earth. Hitler, 1938.
      Chang: I beg your pardon?

      Jack Harkness: No other race in the universe goes camping. Celebrate your own uniqueness!

      Sarah: You come any closer and I shoot.
      Casey: You shoot him, I shoot you, and leave both your bodies here for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes.

      Jon Stewart: So there you have it, gay people. The ligislature in one of America's largest states has thought it over, debated it and decided that you can't have a basic civil right. But, hey, on the other hand, Meredith Baxter. Fu(beep). (Dec.03/2009)

      The first thing the Warren Commission found is that it is easier to reach a predetermined decision if you overlook pesky distractions. These include unreliable witnesses who might testify to things that don't fit in with your theory, physical evidence that hasn't been planted medical evidence that hasn't been altered, Mafia co-conspirators who haven't been rubbed out yet, et cetera. [UFOs, JFK, and Elvis by Richard Belzer (pg.33)]