fic: Backstreet Love 4 (sentinel) AU J/B FRT13 at the most - slash

  • peja4
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      Backstreet Love 4
      by PEJA

      Fandom: THE SENTINEL
      Pairing: Jim/Blair
      Rating: NC-17, to come. So far maybe FRT13
      Warnings: Be prepared. Do not come here expecting to find the Jim and Blair
      of old....I never write them just so, do I? Blair appears to be under 17 in
      this one, but I'm thinking that might just be an illusion...either way you
      know what that means...If you don't do that, direct curser to the delete and
      ignore the post.
      Notes: This is another AU set in dark and dangerous times. Blair is a
      hooker, guys...Not a grad student. Jim is a cop, but not who he is in canon.
      This chapter is dedicated to Spencer's Doll who requested a new bit for
      "Backstreet Lover".
      Please note: I am only updating WIPs that get a request at this time. You
      have a favorite you would like to see updated, email me with a request
      Archive: Yes, the WWOMB. Anywhere else is fine as long as you contact me for
      permission and use the whole story.
      Series/Sequel: no way of knowing, is there?
      Disclaimer: They are not mine....no matter how much I pretend....
      Previous chapters:
      http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewstory.php?action=printable*&textsize=0&sid=1&chapter=all

      Part 4

      "Nothing to be scared of, kid," Papa told him in a calming vioce. "This Cop.
      Ellison, you say?

      "Yeah."

      "Right. Ellison. How many Ellison's can there be on the force? I'll get
      someone looking into where he lives. For now, you just stay put." Papa Jack
      chuckled. "Consider it a free vacation."

      "But..."

      "Kid, you said the Pepperbacks jumped you. Are you all right?"

      "Busted up pretty bad. Hurts to breath deep. Ellison thinks I got some
      busted ribs."

      "Bad enough to need a doctor, Blair?"

      "I'll live, Papa."

      "Who are you talking to, Kid?" Jim asked, sauntering across the room toward
      Blair.

      Blair snapped the phone shut. "Nobody."

      "Mmmmmhmm." Jim crossed his arms over his chest, smirking. "So you called
      your pimp and told him where you are, did you?"

      Blair attempted a snort, wincing at the jolt from his ribs. "How am I gonna
      tell anyone where I am when I haven't got a clue myself. Unconscious when
      you carted me in here, remember?"

      Jim grinned. "We're gonna have company in about half an hour."

      Blair paled, his eyes darting toward the front door. "Company?"

      Jim ducked into the kitchen coming back seconds later with a second bowl of
      steaming soup. He set bowl and spoon in Blair's hands with a firm "Eat." He
      moved to a buffet, opening a drawer and pulling out a couple decks of cards
      and a tray of poker chips. "Some guys from the squad. We have a weekly poker
      night and since I couldn't very well leave you here alone all busted up like
      you are, they agreed to come over here." He came back into the living area,
      grabbing up the remote and skimming the channels. "You better eat that,
      unless you want me to feed you."

      Blair stared at the cooling soup for a long moment, then dipped the spoon in
      and took a cautious mouthful. The soup was warm and full-flavored, not like
      the watered down stuff they served at the mission. Jim had obviously added
      several handfuls of frozen vegetables. Blair forgot to defy his host and
      devoured the soup almost without taking a breath.

      "Your welcome." Jim grinned as Blair set the bowl aside. "Want more?"

      Blair blushed, watching him from under lowered lashes. "Sorry. Thanks. Was
      good."

      Jim grinned, scooping up the bowl. "More?" he asked, a brow arched. "You
      look like you could stand to put on a little weight."

      "Yeah, right after I lose another twenty or so." Blair eased himself back
      into the fluffed pillows. "No, man, don't think I could do another bite
      right now." A frown settled over his features and he chewed his lower lip.
      "How long you think I'm gonna be out of action? That porn gig I was supposed
      to do tonight was ..." He slapped his palm over his mouth, stemming off the
      words. "I...I mean..."

      "Save it, pretty boy," Jim's narrowed gaze stabbed through him. "Porn gig?
      You heading over to meet a john when you got jumped?"

      "I didn't say trick, asshole." Blair sneered. "Look, man, I ain't made no
      show of being anything but what I am. So why the suspicious jealous act? I
      don't belong to you. You won't even take the booty out for a test spin, so
      what's it to you?"

      "Blair, kids are being killed on the street. Kids you knew."

      Blair let out a loud snort. "Like I didn't know that already."

      "Did you know those kids were wearing heavy make-up. Make-up like you would
      wear to do a film? Like as in porn?"

      Blair's eyes lifted, wide with shock, meeting Jim's steady gaze.

      end part 4

      Reminder: I am only updating WIPs that get a request at this time. You have
      a favorite you would like to see updated, email me with a request

      Next up: a sequel to "For All the Lonely People" (Sentinel)

      PEJA
      http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php
      TO MY READERS: In an attempt to improve my story output, I've challenged
      myself to write something for each of my lists and post something new every
      couple days. At this time I'm only writing stories and WIPs that are
      requested, so if you have something you want added to, you know how to get
      it...

      1. Post me a 5-10 word improv
      2. Request a new chapter/sequel to your favorite current story
      3. Send me a simple challenge in any fandom.