Fwd: President Obama: Take Action Against Anti-Equality Ballot Measures

  • KF
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2009

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Geoff Kors, Equality California <email@...>
      Date: Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:12 PM
      Subject: President Obama: Take Action Against Anti-Equality Ballot Measures

      November 6, 2009

      President Obama has said he is opposed to discriminatory ballot measures. It’s time for him to do something to stop them.

      The President can do something today to prevent future ballot measures designed to take away LGBT rights by asking the federal court to rule that Proposition 8 and similar measures violate the 14th Amendment of the United States Constitution.

      Join the more than 18,000 people who are already demanding that President Obama and Attorney General Holder act now. And if you have taken action, please forward this to everyone you know.

      If we can just get the President to act, we can help to ensure that what happened in Maine and California never happens again.

      And if politicians want our support, then they must speak out and act when the rights of any minority are threatened.

      Urge President Obama to have a brief filed in the federal Prop. 8 court challenge, arguing that no minority should ever have their rights taken away at the ballot box.

      The case is set to be heard in U.S. District Court in early January — so please act now.

      In solidarity,

      Geoff Kors
      Executive Director
      Equality California

      P.S. With emotions still raw from Tuesday, we need to make sure we turn our anger into action. Pledge to volunteer. We need help calling to get our supporters involved, office help, and people to join us in going door to door to talk directly with those who are not yet on our side. Volunteer >

      Image: take action

      Join the more than 17,000 people who are already demanding that President Obama and Attorney General Holder act now.

      And if you have taken action, please forward this to everyone you know.

      Equality California is dedicated to achieving equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Californians.

      Our work depends on individual financial contributions. Donate now using our secure website or download a donation form to send via fax or mail.

      Donations to EQCA support our political work and are therefore not tax-deductible as charitable contributions.

      This email was sent to cyberbitus@...

      Remove yourself from this mailing.

      Modify your profile.