1175Fw: Handcuffed at the hospital because he wanted to see his partner

  • Barry Ouellette
    Apr 23, 2013
      Please sign the petition.  This poor man was kept from visiting his partner in the hospital and worse, handcuffed and escorted out.

      The email below is from Ali Rozell, a CREDO activist from Missouri. Ali started a petition on org.credoaction.com where activists can launch their own campaigns for progressive change. Will you help Ali tell the the CEO of Research Medical Hospital to apologize to the man arrested from his husband's hospital bedside by signing her petition and sharing it with your friends and family?

      Organize by CREDO
      Tell Research Medical Center: Shame on you for discriminating against gay couple
      I started my own campaign on CREDO's new site that allows activists to start their own petitions.
      My petition, which is to Kevin Hicks, CEO of Research Medical Center in Kansas City asks the following:
      Publicly apologize for your actions and insinuations that Roger Gorley was at fault, and create a plan to retrain your staff to follow the law in these matters.
      When President Obama issued an executive order in 2010 requiring that hospitals allow lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people access to their partners, our community had hoped that it would be the end of heartbreaking stories like the one involving Roger Gorley.
      While visiting his partner Allen, Roger was told by a family member -- who has no legal right to override the power of visitation -- that he must leave, despite the fact that Allen and Roger are are in a civil union and have the appropriate power of attorney. When Roger refused to leave, as is his legal right, he was handcuffed, dragged from the hospital, and allegedly was slapped with a restraining order.
      Thank you for your support.
      Ali Rozell
      Sign the petition ►

      org.credoaction.com helps activists like you make progressive change and fight regressive policies by creating online petitions. Click here to start a petition today.
      This petition was created on org.credoaction.com, a new people-powered platform that allows activists to start and run CREDO-style campaigns.
      FB Share on Facebook
      Post to your wall
      Tw Tweet this
      Post to Twitter