Re: [FairtradeTown] Coffee buyers/blenders vs wholesalers

  • Bruce Crowther
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi Jeanette,

      I passed your message below onto our Commercial Team with the following response:

      The companies lists on the Out of Home Directory tend to be third party
      wholesalers who buy products from licensees and sell them directly to cafes
      and restaurants.

      They are useful as many cafes and restaurants have specific catering
      requirements(pack sizes, deliveries) or like to buy from one company that
      can give them everything (tea, sugar etc..). there are however many
      companies listed in our directory that are also roasters themselves and do
      not use 3rd party wholesalers.

      I personally think, as you have suggested that it sounds a bit of an excuse to me but our Commercial Team have said that they may be able to provide names of some roasters specifically for the area concerned if you so wish.
      I presume your cafe is in the London Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames?
      Let me know if you want me to go back to our commercial team.
      Best wishes,
      Bruce Crowther
      Fairtrade Town Coordinator
      Fairtrade Foundation

      UK Charity Awards 2004 - winner Charity of the Year

      Tel: 01995 601258
      Mobile: 07866541940