RE: [FairfieldLife] Fw: Mahesh Virgin Birth?

  • Jeff Leeth
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
      Re: [FairfieldLife] Fw: Mahesh Virgin Birth?

      Thank you.  Childish pranks, while amusing the first time get tedious with repetition.  Our frustrated punk writer in New Orleans needs to get another hobby.  He is no longer entertaining, but crass.  He wastes his intelligence.

      Jai Guru Dev,
      Jeff

      http://64.19.49.82/

      From: "Detective_Mongo_Phd" <detective_mongo_phd@...>
      Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:54:07 -0500
      To: <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [FairfieldLife] Fw: Mahesh Virgin Birth?

      'Virgin birth' Declared by Mother of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

      Mother Hadn’t been near husband  but her son Mahesh was still born.

      BY DAGWALL SHINER
      Knight Ridder News Service

      Vedic City - This is no easy story.

      Mother of Mahesh Yogi left note released posthumously regarding Mahesh Yogi’s parentage, and details of his divine birth.

      Yeah right, eh?

      Yes, considering she had not been near her husband in at least six years.

      Often called a virgin birth, it is only the second such known occurrence in recorded history, the first being the birth of Jesus. Are people scratching their heads. Kind of.

      MYSTERIES

      ''The religious do so many quirky things,'' said Doug Sweet, curator at the Vedic City law firm representing the mother. 'Even though this is exciting for us, we're like, `Well, those darn Hindus are doing it again.' We kind of expect half-crazy things from them.''

      Hindu women, like many religious faithful everywhere, will claim virgin birth when their children turn out to be great priests or saints. Normally, it's assumed the stories are not viable and are thrown out.

      'I said, `Let's sit on this story.' Well, not literally sit on it -- but leave it alone,'' Sweet said.

      Sweet kept the will and testament in the tank for a while, then moved to make the document public.  “Who am I to decide what’s true or not.”

      Genetic testing will be done to see if the births can be explained.

      Sean Putney, ADA of legacies at Vedic City Trust, said genetic testing on Maharishi Mahesh -- hasn't been completed.

      ``We haven't been able to prove or disprove any theories yet.''

      The most likely scenario -- though thought to be very rare -- is that Mahesh’s Mother stimulated the eggs without sperm. This complex process, known as parthenogenesis, is the ability of unfertilized eggs to develop into embryos without sperm.

      It is common in snails and water fleas but becomes more unusual in higher vertebrates.
      ''It's kind of rare, but how much do we really know about the reproductive habits of a virgin mother?'' Sweet said. ``It may be happening out in nature all the time, and we don't know it.''

    • rudrajoe
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
        Wel I de banned! Can u giis take a jok? Gess knot!
      • Rick Archer
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
          Re: [FairfieldLife] Mahesh Virgin Birth? Can you take a hint?
          From: "rudrajoe" <rudra_joe@...>
          Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:19:45 -0000
          To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [FairfieldLife] Mahesh Virgin Birth?

          Wel I de banned! Can u giis take a jok?   Gess knot!
        • Rudra Joe
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
            Look, if you haven't banned this then give me a second to explain.  I mean for these to be like satire. I know satire offends some but it is truth in its own way.  I mean, look in India at the warring going on by the BJP and Muslims which stems back from right after Indian independence.  The original BJP was responsible for Mahatma Gandhi's assasination due to his respect for all peoples of India including Muslims for whom he also wished independence and for whom India carved out Pakistan. Fascist Hindus during the same formative period as Maharishi's young adult years.  And Maharishi wants a one world government in deed as well as consciousness based on their same fundamentalist Hindu ideology.  Perhaps Maharishi would uphold ahimsa more than the BJP or would he?  It's hard to say because when Maharishi says, "Damn Democracy!" he is saying that he would rather have a monocracy or theocracy than a democracy.  Perhaps even an oligarchy of Varmas?  People in FF are constantly talking about having more democracy in the movement, but is this really the least bit possible when the founder of my alma mater says, "Damn Democracy!" So in making the little joke about the Hindu state in India promoting the establishment of 40,000 pundits, I wasn't really far from the inner truth of the situation.  Because in a pundit state of 40,000 they will endure the tyrrany of Maharishi's theocracy, and God help those boys! Hindus feel teste just as often as Catholics, and it took democracy to start to put an end to it.  Without democracy at the pundit compound you will have slavery.  Is this right?  Is this good or godly?  WHY ISNT ANYONE ASKING THESE QUESTIONS HERE? Have you aqll no hearts or concern about anything besides your religious faith in Maharishi?  I'm just asking. Tell me why I should believe anything different from what I've just said.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2002
                Re: [FairfieldLife] Mahesh Virgin Birth? Dear Kirk,

                Posts like this are perfectly acceptable – well-reasoned and well-written. No one objects to them, just as no one objects to Joe Kellet’s posts. He doesn’t use profanity, attack forum members personally, or post bogus news articles which many didn’t realize were fabrications. Try to be a bit more of a gentleman, like Joe is, and you’re welcome to stay. I’ll let others comment on your post, which contains points worthy of mature discussion.
                From: "Rudra Joe" <rudra_joe@...>
                Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:48:58 -0500
                To: <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor