Garish Girish on Facebook

  • ShempMcGurk
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2010

      He who aspires to be the next Maharishi has not one but two Facebook pages.  Check 'em out; they are listed under:

      - Girishjifans Varma

      - Brahmachari Girish

      On the second one he has seven listings under "website".  What I find interesting is that when you do a google advanced search on "nader" for each of those sites, pretty much the only mention of Nader is in the context of a milestone in the history of the Movement.

      But, boy, do I LOVE those colorful photos of the aspiring Maharishi!  I don't think even James Cameron could outdo the gaudy, raffish, and psychedelic colors that Girish has managed to surround himself with.  Can you say "loud" in technicolor?  I next expect the Garish One to hand out 3-D glasses so that all who gaze upon his Photos of Opulant Spiritual Flotsam and Jetsam can get really, really convinced he is the Real Thing.

    • BillyG
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2010
        That's why it's important to remember that MMY wasn't a Sat-Guru and TM has no Parampara (direct lineage of enlightened Master to another), nor could Girish claim to be. MMY NEVER claimed to be a GURU per se, you could refer to him as that in a generic way but not in the sense it is understood in India.

        --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcgurk@...> wrote:

        > He who aspires to be the next Maharishi has not one but two Facebook
        > pages. Check 'em out; they are listed under:
        > - Girishjifans Varma - Brahmachari Girish
        > On the second one he has seven listings under "website". What I find
        > interesting is that when you do a google advanced search on "nader" for
        > each of those sites, pretty much the only mention of Nader is in the
        > context of a milestone in the history of the Movement.
        >
        > But, boy, do I LOVE those colorful photos of the aspiring Maharishi! I
        > don't think even James Cameron could outdo the gaudy, raffish, and
        > psychedelic colors that Girish has managed to surround himself with.
        > Can you say "loud" in technicolor? I next expect the Garish One to hand
        > out 3-D glasses so that all who gaze upon his Photos of Opulant
        > Spiritual Flotsam and Jetsam can get really, really convinced he is the
        > Real Thing.

      • ShempMcGurk
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2010
          Apropos the recent discussion of snakes in other threads, I just noticed in the photo of Garish Girish that he has a golden calf -- I mean COBRA -- sitting in front of him.

          --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG" <wgm4u@...> wrote:

          > That's why it's important to remember that MMY wasn't a Sat-Guru and TM has no Parampara (direct lineage of enlightened Master to another), nor could Girish claim to be. MMY NEVER claimed to be a GURU per se, you could refer to him as that in a generic way but not in the sense it is understood in India.
          >
          > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcgurk@> wrote:
          > >

          > > He who aspires to be the next Maharishi has not one but two Facebook
          > > pages. Check 'em out; they are listed under:
          > > - Girishjifans Varma - Brahmachari Girish
          > > On the second one he has seven listings under "website". What I find
          > > interesting is that when you do a google advanced search on "nader" for
          > > each of those sites, pretty much the only mention of Nader is in the
          > > context of a milestone in the history of the Movement.
          > >
          > > But, boy, do I LOVE those colorful photos of the aspiring Maharishi! I
          > > don't think even James Cameron could outdo the gaudy, raffish, and
          > > psychedelic colors that Girish has managed to surround himself with.
          > > Can you say "loud" in technicolor? I next expect the Garish One to hand
          > > out 3-D glasses so that all who gaze upon his Photos of Opulant
          > > Spiritual Flotsam and Jetsam can get really, really convinced he is the
          > > Real Thing.

        • Joe
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2010
            --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcgurk@...> wrote:

            > He who aspires to be the next Maharishi has not one but two Facebook
            > pages. Check 'em out; they are listed under:
            > - Girishjifans Varma - Brahmachari Girish
            > On the second one he has seven listings under "website". What I find
            > interesting is that when you do a google advanced search on "nader" for
            > each of those sites, pretty much the only mention of Nader is in the
            > context of a milestone in the history of the Movement.
            >
            > But, boy, do I LOVE those colorful photos of the aspiring Maharishi! I
            > don't think even James Cameron could outdo the gaudy, raffish, and
            > psychedelic colors that Girish has managed to surround himself with.
            > Can you say "loud" in technicolor? I next expect the Garish One to hand
            > out 3-D glasses so that all who gaze upon his Photos of Opulant
            > Spiritual Flotsam and Jetsam can get really, really convinced he is the
            > Real Thing.

            Not that it much matters, but do we know if this fat putz is now sitting on a deerskin as well?