Pillar of Celestial Fire

  • frank3373
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2004
      This is an interesting book, especially as regards past ages of
      mankind and astrology. Does anyone know what Robert Cox is up to
      these days? And who is Cox to write such a book?

      At the back of the book he announces his intention to form an
      organization, which can be joined for a fee that will provide a
      newsletter. A friend sent in the money, but heard nothing back.
    • Rick Archer

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
          I figured the book had been discussed in prior posts, but so many
          messages are posted here, research is impossible. This site would be
          easier to read, say once a week, if people didn't post one word to
          one sentence comments that don't advance a point of view.

          Cox states at the end of the book at "those who concur with these
          beliefs and would like to become a memeber may do so by sending...an
          annual membership fee of $30 to:
          The Celestial Science Foundation
          PO Box 1286
          Gulf Breeze, FL 32562

          He promises a bimonthly newsletter and two audio tapes. Perhaps his
          intuition dried up. It is tough to keep coming up with the kind of
          interesting insights the book contains.

          My friend doesn't know if his check was cashed so I suspect that it
          wasn't.

          A book that dovetails nicely with Cox's subject matter is Hancock
          and Duvall's "The Message of the Sphinx," which was the first book
          to explain the layout of the pyramids at Giza with the belt of Orion
          and discuss the relationship between the equinox precession (from
          Pisces to Aquarius, etc.) and ancient Egyptian wisdom. The book is
          the only place I've seen documented all of the features of the
          Sphinx and pyramids that makes it highly unlikely they were built
          conventionally. (Charlie Lutes and others maintain that the gyptians
          levitated the stone, but I think I'm off topic). Point is, the
          Egyptians appear to be aware of an eventual "Age of Enlightenment,"
          and perhaps the pyramids were reminders to themselves through time
          and future incarnations of their own ancient wisdom.

          Cox's book should be highly interesting to any seeker who has
          interest in the past (Maharishi apparently does not). My two mild
          complaints are that the man needs an editor, and he needed to
          footnote, which he did not, which leads the reader to wonder at
          times "where the hell are you getting this stuff?"

          Frank

          --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <rick@s...> wrote:
          > Rob¹s an old friend of mine. I¹ve recommended this book several
          times on
          > this list. It was written years ago and was based on a blend of
          research and
          > intuition ­ Rob had/has profound experiences and a prodigious
          intellect. For
          > all I know, he might write it differently if he were to write it
          today.
          > These days he lives in a remote area of Utah and as far as I know,
          is still
          > trying to develop practical applications of his knowledge of
          subtle energy.
          > Reportedly, David Hudson gave him his equipment and the fruits of
          his
          > research. I tried to contact Rob a few weeks ago when his name
          came up here,
          > but the email I have for him doesn¹t work. If I hear anything I¹ll
          post it,
          > if I'm at liberty to do so, but don¹t hold your breath. Was your
          friend¹s
          > check cashed? To what address did he send the money? I no longer
          have a copy
          > of the book.
          >
          > on 2/6/04 10:11 PM, frank3373 at frank3373@y... wrote:
          >
          > > This is an interesting book, especially as regards past ages of
          > > mankind and astrology. Does anyone know what Robert Cox is up to
          > > these days? And who is Cox to write such a book?
          > >
          > > At the back of the book he announces his intention to form an
          > > organization, which can be joined for a fee that will provide a
          > > newsletter. A friend sent in the money, but heard nothing back.
        • Dr. Pete
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
            Rob Cox is an amazing guy that I have known for many
            years, although I have not been in contact with him
            recently. Rob gets most of his stuff through ritam
            bhara pragya. He has amazingly clear experiences and
            is a very open and grounded person. Great guy.
            Brillant. His book is certainly worth reading.
            -Peter

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
          • Rick Archer
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
              When I was on Purusha with him he memorized the 1,000 names of Mother Divine
              and chanted it every morning. One day Mother Divine came to him in a vision
              and totally zapped the livin' bejeezus out of him. He couldn't even eat for
              several days. Later, Maharishi made a big fuss over him in India. Rob wrote
              the Veda Lila song "One Unbounded Ocean of Consciousness in Motion" and was
              the star of the Veda Lila that Maharishi was fond of having performed. He
              made Rob keep a Krishna outfit close at hand and would have him don it and
              perform Veda Lila for visiting dignitaries. Rob eventually left with
              Maharishi's blessings to pursue his subtle energy research. That research is
              another fascinating story, which I know only in small part. Rob taught
              himself physics to a degree that could probably earn him a Ph.D. He has
              built all sorts of fascinating contraptions in the course of his research.

              on 2/7/04 11:06 AM, Dr. Pete at numinous108@... wrote:

              > Rob Cox is an amazing guy that I have known for many
              > years, although I have not been in contact with him
              > recently. Rob gets most of his stuff through ritam
              > bhara pragya. He has amazingly clear experiences and
              > is a very open and grounded person. Great guy.
              > Brillant. His book is certainly worth reading.
              > -Peter

            • Dr. Pete
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
                Rob is clear as a bell. In years past he discussed
                several of his cognitions and devices he was working
                on with me. He was working on a perpetual motion
                device that would draw energy from a subtle energy
                field that he could directly cognize. I was on Purusha
                with him when it first started. Again a great,
                sattvic, natural, grounded guy with a brilliant
                intellect and a big heart. Guys like him give the TMO
                a good name!
                -Peter

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
                  The book does contain some exceptionally interesting ideas. One of
                  those is the notion that the yuga cycle commonly referred to is for
                  the galaxy, but that there is another, identical, smaller cycle
                  which pertains to earth. The idea is that our galaxy is in Kali Yuga
                  as MMY states in the Gita, but here on earth we are going from Kali
                  to Sat yuga--starting with a 96-year transitional phase begun in
                  1914, the year of WWI and MMY's birth. Then around 2010 we will hit
                  this mini-Sat yuga. "During this period, profound adjustments in the
                  social, climate and geological structures of our planet are likely
                  to occur as the collective consciousness shifts...for the onset of
                  the new Golden Age."

                  I'm impressed with the guy so far, but this is a mighty bold
                  prediction, and I've got to wait six only more years to see whether
                  he's full of beans--in which case the rest of the book becomes at
                  least partially suspect. 2010 is the end of the Mayan 5th Age of the
                  Sun, but the Theosophists state that the new age won't occur until
                  at 2050 to 2100.

                  What is interesting--and I'd like to get feedback on this if someone
                  is up on their jyotish--is that if you plot out the sky for facing
                  east, March 21, you see that the sun has still about 1/3 of the way
                  to go to get out of Pisces. If that is true, the Aquarian Age may
                  not be upon us until 2400, when you can clearly see the Sun rising
                  in the constellation Aquarius at the equinox (March 21). Of course,
                  the Age of Enlightenment may not have to do with the Aquarian Age.

                  --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Pete" <numinous108@y...>

                • svambhu
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
                    .
                    Dr. Pete wrote:
                    > Rob Cox is an amazing guy that I have known for many
                    > years, although I have not been in contact with him
                    > recently. Rob gets most of his stuff through ritam
                    > bhara pragya. He has amazingly clear experiences and
                    > is a very open and grounded person. Great guy.
                    > Brillant. His book is certainly worth reading.

                    funny how yer mileage may vary...
                    here's a rather negative review from Amazon.com:

                    Barely concealed Maharishi-ism new-age hooey
                    January 14, 2003
                    Reviewer: A reader from Menlo Park, CA USA

                    Calling on all of the pop imagery that has "all hope for it and all evidence
                    against it" this book attempts to lure those with overactive imaginations
                    into a world of magical enlightenment that has somehow been kept secret.
                    Secrets that are now available for the right fee from the right pop-guru. By
                    blending movie-fantasy and scientific sounding words, the author tries to
                    lure the reader into rejecting the very critical thinking that the author
                    parades as his credentials. The real key is that this is another of
                    Maharishi's PR specials. The "ancient seer" that Cox celebrates is none
                    other than the giggling guru himself: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. One notices
                    that most of the positive reviews of the book come from Fairfield, Iowa -
                    home of Maharishi "University." It will be interesting to see if Cox goes
                    the same route as Deepak Chopra. As soon as Chopra became popular with his
                    pro-Maharishi books, he distanced himself from the guru, and started his own
                    line of enlightenment products. These "ancient" seers are rather modern.

                    --
                  • Rick Archer
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
                      Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Pillar of Celestial Fire Actually, when he first published the book, Rob had distanced himself from the TMO to a great extent. He had a web site up that had links to all kinds of spiritual groups. It was too eclectic for me at the time. He eventually took it down because he wanted to keep a lower profile.

                      on 2/7/04 6:29 PM, svambhu at dardura108@... wrote:

                      .
                      Dr. Pete wrote:
                      > Rob Cox is an amazing guy that I have known for many
                      > years, although I have not been in contact with him
                      > recently. Rob gets most of his stuff through ritam
                      > bhara pragya. He has amazingly clear experiences and
                      > is a very open and grounded person. Great guy.
                      > Brillant. His book is certainly worth reading.

                      funny how yer mileage may vary...
                      here's a rather negative review from Amazon.com:

                      Barely concealed Maharishi-ism new-age hooey
                      January 14, 2003
                      Reviewer: A reader from Menlo Park, CA USA

                      Calling on all of the pop imagery that has "all hope for it and all evidence
                      against it" this book attempts to lure those with overactive imaginations
                      into a world of magical enlightenment that has somehow been kept secret.
                      Secrets that are now available for the right fee from the right pop-guru. By
                      blending movie-fantasy and scientific sounding words, the author tries to
                      lure the reader into rejecting the very critical thinking that the author
                      parades as his credentials. The real key is that this is another of
                      Maharishi's PR specials. The "ancient seer" that Cox celebrates is none
                      other than the giggling guru himself: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. One notices
                      that most of the positive reviews of the book come from Fairfield, Iowa -
                      home of Maharishi "University." It will be interesting to see if Cox goes
                      the same route as Deepak Chopra. As soon as Chopra became popular with his
                      pro-Maharishi books, he distanced himself from the guru, and started his own
                      line of enlightenment products. These "ancient" seers are rather modern.

                      and click 'Join This Group!'

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      --

                      Rick Archer
                      1108 South B Street

                      http://searchsummit.com
                      rick@...

                      Mailblocks - A spam-blocking program I like so much that I’ve put it in my signature:
                      http://www.qksrv.net/click-1434423-10284656

                    • edmeasure@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 8, 2004

                        Recently met with channeler, Steve Rother (www.lightworker.com), with whom I expect to do be doing some rather interesting world wide experiements.  The year 2012 keeps coming up as a peaking date from his sources, called The Group, who stress an importance to be functioning within the domain of our passions.  We are now presumably in the very beginnings of rather dramatic physical and social world changes, seen in part, now, by the wildly fluctuating weather conditions.  Precisely, this is the beginning of shifts in collective consciousness.

                        I'm impressed with the guy so far, but this is a mighty bold
                        prediction, and I've got to wait six only more years to see whether
                        he's full of beans--in which case the rest of the book becomes at
                        least partially suspect. 2010 is the end of the Mayan 5th Age of the
                        Sun, but the Theosophists state that the new age won't occur until
                        at 2050 to 2100.

                        What is interesting--and I'd like to get feedback on this if someone
                        is up on their jyotish--is that if you plot out the sky for facing
                        east, March 21, you see that the sun has still about 1/3 of the way
                        to go to get out of Pisces. If that is true, the Aquarian Age may
                        not be upon us until 2400, when you can clearly see the Sun rising
                        in the constellation Aquarius at the equinox (March 21). Of course,
                        the Age of Enlightenment may not have to do with the Aquarian Age.

                        I'd like to meet with this fellow, Rob Cox, and also get his book.  Any ideas of his whereabouts?  What is name of the book?  Thanks.

                        jai guru deva

                        Edmond

                        wrote:
                        >Rob is clear as a bell. In years past he discussed
                        >several of his cognitions and devices he was working
                        >on with me. He was working on a perpetual motion
                        >device that would draw energy from a subtle energy
                        >field that he could directly cognize. I was on Purusha
                        >with him when it first started. Again a great,
                        >sattvic, natural, grounded guy with a brilliant
                        >intellect and a big heart. Guys like him give the TMO
                        >a good name!
                        >-Peter
                        >--- Rick Archer <rick@s...> wrote:
                        >>When I was on Purusha with him he memorized the
                        >>1,000 names of Mother Divine
                        >>and chanted it every morning. One day Mother Divine
                        >>came to him in a vision
                        >>and totally zapped the livin' bejeezus out of him.
                        >>He couldn't even eat for
                        >>several days. Later, Maharishi made a big fuss over
                        >>him in India. Rob wrote
                        >>the Veda Lila song "One Unbounded Ocean of
                        >>Consciousness in Motion" and was
                        >>the star of the Veda Lila that Maharishi was fond of
                        >>having performed. He
                        >>made Rob keep a Krishna outfit close at hand and
                        >>would have him don it and
                        >>perform Veda Lila for visiting dignitaries. Rob
                        >>eventually left with
                        >>Maharishi's blessings to pursue his subtle energy
                        >>research. That research is
                        >>another fascinating story, which I know only in
                        >>small part. Rob taught
                        >>himself physics to a degree that could probably earn
                        >>him a Ph.D. He has
                        >>built all sorts of fascinating contraptions in the
                        >>course of his research.
                        >>
                        >>on 2/7/04 11:06 AM, Dr. Pete at
                        >>numinous108@y... wrote:
                        >>
                        >>>Rob Cox is an amazing guy that I have known for
                        >>many
                        >>>years, although I have not been in contact with
                        >>him
                        >>>recently. Rob gets most of his stuff through ritam
                        >>>bhara pragya. He has amazingly clear experiences
                        >>and
                        >>>is a very open and grounded person. Great guy.
                        >>>Brillant. His book is certainly worth reading.
                        >>>-Peter

                      • markmeredith2002
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 8, 2004
                          --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Pete" <numinous108@y...> wrote:
                          > Rob is clear as a bell. In years past he discussed
                          > several of his cognitions and devices he was working
                          > on with me. He was working on a perpetual motion
                          > device that would draw energy from a subtle energy
                          > field that he could directly cognize. I was on Purusha
                          > with him when it first started. Again a great,
                          > sattvic, natural, grounded guy with a brilliant
                          > intellect and a big heart. Guys like him give the TMO
                          > a good name!

                          I invested a small amount in Rob's business early on mainly just to
                          stay in the loop with what he was doing, and I like the guy. My
                          opinion is that he is a true visionary, but like most visionaries he
                          needs partners who connect the vision with the scientific objective
                          reality. Not that he isn't smart, but so far nothing he's done in the
                          past 13 years has yielded practical fruit - except writing the book.
                          It's one thing to cognize subtle energy and a whole different thing to
                          develop a technology that utilizes it in the real world.
                        • edmeasure@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 8, 2004
                            In a message dated 2/8/2004 9:11:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, markmeredith@... writes:

                            --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Pete" <numinous108@y...> wrote:
                            >Rob is clear as a bell. In years past he discussed
                            >several of his cognitions and devices he was working
                            >on with me. He was working on a perpetual motion
                            >device that would draw energy from a subtle energy
                            >field that he could directly cognize. I was on Purusha
                            >with him when it first started. Again a great,
                            >sattvic, natural, grounded guy with a brilliant
                            >intellect and a big heart. Guys like him give the TMO
                            >a good name!

                            The US patent office has long refused to look at any perpetual motion machines, as according to classical physics, that is impossible.  However, the notions continue, and slowly, I'm becoming convinced that such devices may well soon transform the world.  The thought waves are definitely in the air.  Some channelers are bringing this out also.  Two websites on similar wavelengths are: www.innerx.net/personal/tsmith/TShome.html  and  www.cheniere.org/