FS: Saxon, Abeka, Calvert, misc. books, preschool, flashcards, etc.

  • tarynsellsmarykay
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hi everyone,
      I'm new to this group but not to homeschooling. This will be my 4th year so I've accumulated too much curriculum & books. I've been cleaning off the shelves & the following is up for grabs. If you're interested in anything, please reply to this email. Please feel free to make offers; I just want my living room back! :) Thanks for taking a look at my (long) list!
      P.S. Many preschool items ened up in the "MISC." section at the end because they cover more than 1 subject.

      MATH:
      Saxon Math 3 Teacher's Edition (Home Study), sprial bound, fair to good condition. Worn corners and edges, 2 star stickers on cover, a couple pencil notes inside, but still perfectly usable. $15

      Abeka Numbers Concept Flashcards 1 – 20, normal shelf wear, great condition, orig. $15.75, asking $6.50

      Easy As 123: A Wipe-Clean Activity Book, trace & write numbers 1-12 with other activities interspersed. Colorful pages and ½ regular page size, spiral bound. Well-loved but good condition. $1

      Brighter Child Division boxed flashcards, unused, $0.50

      Brighter Child Multiplication boxed flashcards, unused, $0.50

      Trend brand large boxes of self-checking flashcards with facts through 12, 91 cards ea set: $1 ea.
      Addition (exc. cond.), Subtraction (exc. cond)), Multiplication (NEW in shrinkwrap)

      Martin Designs Division boxed flashcards 36-card set $0.50

      Academy brand boxed flashcards 36-cards each set: $0.50 ea.
      Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division

      Milton Bradley key to learning Self-Teaching flashcards, large box, subtraction $1

      Ideal brand multiplication flashcards, appear almost identical to Abeka's. Large box, $1

      Ideal brand addition flashcards, appear almost identical to Abeka's. Large stack, no box. $0.75

      Dora the Explorer Number Practice 1-20 practice workbook, trace & write numbers, learn numbers in Spanish, partially used (just under half). $0.50

      Brighter Child Getting Ready for Math Pre-K/K workbook, 30 pages with about 6 pages missing. Remaining pages are unmarked. $0.50

      Sesame Street Know Your Numbers Wipe-off Workbook trace & write numbers. Used, Good cond. $1

      Brand New Sesame Street Learn About Colors with Elmo (regular paper workbook) 48 pgs. Long, identify & match colors, read & write color words, recognize & continue color patterns. $1

      Sesame Street Name Those Shapes wipe-off workbook, trace & learn shapes up through octogon. Used, good cond. $1

      LANGUAGE ARTS:
      Abeka Letters and Sounds K5, includes only lesson 44 through the end of the book (p. 245) unmarked & new. First 43 lessons missing, but still very usable. Was $11.25 new, asking $5.

      Abeka Writing With Phonics K5 Manuscript, includes only pages 41 through end of book (p. 206) unmarked & new. First 41 lessons missing, but still a year's worth of penmanship if one side of each page is done per day. Was $9.45, asking $4.

      Abeka Letter Picture Flashcards for Preschool/Kindergarten, normal shelf wear, in excellent cond., orig. $16.75, asking $7.

      Abeka Manuscript ABC Writing Tablet K4, has child' name on spine, pages 1 – 20 are missing except 6, 10, 12, & 18. Pages 21 through end of book are intact, unmarked, & new. Blank student-lined pages in back could be used to make the missing pages. Orig. $9.45, asking $3.75.

      Abeka Manuscript ABC Writing Tablet K4, has child's name on front cover, missing pages 1-18, pages 19-29 have writing on every other page in pencil, appears to be missing a page here & there throughout, but the bulk of it is intact & unmarked. Orig. $9.45, asking $2.50

      Abeka Writing With Phonics K4 Manuscript, has child's name on spine, otherwise in NEW condition. All pages intact & unmarked. Orig. $9, asking $6

      Abeka Writing With Phonics K4 Manuscript, includes pages 61 through end of book (p. 108), p. 63 done in marker, part of cover cut away. Used condition, but remaining clean pages are new and ready to use. Still good penmanship practice. Only asking $1.

      Abeka ABC-123 Preschool Phonics and Numbers K4, has child's name on spine, only missing first 10 pages, the rest is unmarked & in new condition. This book includes pictures of all the "blend ladders" so you don't have to buy blend ladder charts (if you're following Abeka's program to a "T"). Orig. $11.50, asking $9

      Abeka ABC-123 Preschool Phonics and Numbers K4, child's name on cover, only includes pages 147 – 256. Still very useful for the pre-K or K age as review or supplement. Only asking $2.

      FREE with purchase: Abeka Spelling & Poetry 2. Workpages already done, but spelling word lists could be used with your own paper and the poems and vocabulary sections are intact.

      FREE with purchase: homemade phonics booklet with copies of Abeka phonics charts 6 – 13. Copied legally under legislation that allows copies of anything for classroom use (this is an extra from a 1st grade class at Badger Elem. that I was helping in).

      Easy As ABC: A Wipe-Clean Activity Book, trace & write uppercase & lowercase letters with other activities interspersed. Colorful pages and ½ regular page size, spiral bound. Well-loved but good condition. $1

      Letters Wipe-Off Activity Book by Parents Magazine, full-sized pages each have 1 letter in both uppercase & lowercase plus multiple other puzzles & games. Includes parent tips for fun real-life activites outside the workbook. $1.50

      First Words boxed preschool flashcards by Martin Designs, don't think we used these at all, $0.50

      ABC's boxed preschool flashcards by Martin Designs, don't think we used these at all, $0.50

      Brighter Child set of ABC picture cards in a bag (no box), $0.50

      Trend brand Before I Print write-on wipe-off activity book for practicing pre-writing skills and hand-eye coordination. 2 copies available. $1 ea.

      Dora the Explorer Trace & Draw Wipe-off Workbook. Much like the "before I print" book above, but with a dot-to-dot and number-writing activity thrown in. $1

      Items from CALVERT:
      Calvert Math Kindergarten student workbook, only completed through page 9, rest of pages are unmarked. $12

      Calvert Math Practice and Enrichment Workbook Kindergarten, completed through page 13 plus about 15 pages sporadically throughout the book (it's 276 pages total). $10

      Calvert Reading Work Pages Kindergarten, only completed through page 5, remaining pages unmarked, total 199 pages of letter/sound identification and reading practice. $10

      Calvert Sounds & Letters Kindergarten, only completed first 3 pages in pencil. Ea. page has letter plus clue picture for sound, and space for child to draw/paste other pictures beginning with that sound. $5

      Calvert Computer Skills & Applications Manual (came with Kindergarten kit). $5

      Calvert Teacher Aids (Kindergarten), some flashcards & phonics sliders already cut out for you. Includes Key Letter cards, key picture cards, Key word cards, really cool small-word "sliders" (picture for each sound family with slots to slide strip of letters up and down to make other words), lyrics to many classic and popular children's songs, letter and number formation guides, an entire math teacher aids section with ideas for graphing, art activities for math, math games for computers, and list of kingergarten math-related storybooks. $10

      MISC. & MULTI-SUBJECT
      BrainQuest deck, Brand Spanking New still in the wrapper, for ages 12-13/grade 7. Only $6

      Early Learning CD-ROM computer game for preschool/K, includes parent/teacher resources. $1

      Fisher-Price Super Preschool Workbook, counting/writing/basic readiness/math/reading skills. Over 2/3 of this book remains unmarked and ready to use (some has been used/marked). Big, thick, 288 page book still has a lot of life left in it. $2

      Handy Manny coloring book – NEW condition, completely unmarked. $0.50

      Thomas the Tank Engine scrapbooking stickers; acid & lignin free. 2 packs plus 2 half sheets, could be used as incentive stickers for homeschool, or ??? $1

      Colors, Shapes & More boxed preschool flashcards by Martin Designs, unused, has "up, down, left, right, etc.". $0.50

      Brand New 128-page multi-skill Preschool workbook by Parents Magazine. Includes stickers, parent tips, and hands-on activities. $2

      Brand New "Skills for Preschool" workbook by Parents Magazine with stickers, parent tips and hands-on activities. 32 pgs. $1

      Angelina Ballerina's Christmas Crafts; More than 25 Crafts & recipes! Stickers & nametags removed from back of book but not necessary for the great recipes and craft activities! $2

      Thomas the Tank Engine board book set: 5x7" size, titles are Counts to Ten, Shapes & Sizes, and Coming and Going – A Book of Opposites. $2.50/set

      Disney Babies Golden Sturdy Shape Books board books, titles are A to Z and 1 to 10. Very used condition, $0.50 for both

      Bob the Builder Let's Count board book, cover has some indentations but pages are perfect. Rhyming text. $1

      Hopscotch Hill School book by American Girl, title is Lindy's Happy Ending by Valerie Tripp illustrated by Joy Allen, very good cond. $1

      The Animals' First Christmas board book (small), like new condition, $0.50

      Junie B. Jones books by Barbara Park, $1 ea, titles are:
      …First Grader; Cheater Pants
      …Loves Handsome Warren
      …Is Not a Crook
      …and some Sneaky Peeky Spying

      The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat, An I Can Read Book by Nurit Karlin, exc. cond., $1

      Hopscotch magazine for girls, Vol. 17 No. 6, all about goats, crosswords, articles, and more. Wholesome family-values centered publication void of advertisements. 49 pgs. Unmarked. $1

      A Day in Noah's Park Coloring and Activity Book – completely uncolored and new except some normal shelf wear. $0.50

      That's So Funny I Fell Off My Dinosaur Laughing! A jokebook for kids. Paperback, $1

      Wee Sing for Baby, words and sheet music to baby games and lullabies. BOOK ONLY. $1

      Klutz Potholders and Other Loopy Projects (book only). For instruction with hand-loom and potholder loops. $1