very cool if you push for national IRV NOW.

  • irvalliance
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010
      I haven't heard much about Takoma Park lately.

      The lame duck congress, after the Oakland election, can be an major opening for greater IRV.

      The Dems need to make this is an issue now or else they/we could lose out in 2012. What America needs is for the party leaders to realize that they should do everything possible to find IRV-equipped voting machines nationwide by 2012 so that progressive cities and states will at least have the option to modernize without waiting six years for modern voting equipment like Berkeley had too.
      most IRV egroups nationwide:
      CA is apparently the most active (that's not saying much)
      There have been MANY SF bay-area stories regarding Oakland's first use of IRV. They are mostly posted on the Craigslist IRV forum
      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/forums/?forumID=4123

      Please post any news coverage of Takoma Park elections!
    • Jim Dorenkott
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010
        I recommend monitoring www.dailykos.com and posting whenever it is appropriate about IRV etc. Linking to websites and articles; posting images and charts and visuals. I have noticed a greater receptivity among Democrats (Not all by any means) there over the years since San Francisco revived its use. It is a site where bloggers and progressive to moderate Dems go for their information and argue their points.

        It also it high volume so you get a lot of hits by comparison to other sites. PDA Progressive Democrats of America are another natural ally to move a progressive agenda, and they should make IRV a high priority.

        Jim